cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 1gb broadband customer - no signal - no boosters

gfairholm
Joining in

So I went for Virgin 1gb broadband and I was told I could get up to 3 boosters and I need those as my house is big and very old. The technician that installed my kit scanned my house and confirmed the signal downstairs was very poor, he told me to use the VM Connect to scan and order these.

So I scanned and get a poor signal in my dining room and kitchen - and there is 'no way' to order anything from this app. To try and get these I've been on the website, mobile apps, What's app support, chat, a long telephone call that transferred me and I then got cut off.... 

So I cant get these booster pods anywhere, and I'm frustrated to hell.

Can anyone help? before I push to cancel.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this first - if it doesnt work, report back here

See the post from “newapollo” in this thread for a guide to scanning and ordering Pods….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Impossible-to-request-a-POD-via-VM-Connect/...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you wait here, a VM person should pick this up and offer to help. They will only let you have one pod at a time. You may need to move it about to get the best result. It's best to think of them as extenders rather than boosters, they will extend the coverage to other rooms but they only promise a minimum speed of 30Mbps.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Essentially it's a waste of time for Gig1 as they only guarantee up to 30Mbps.

Having a larger home means you should probably look to invest in your own third party router/mesh system, using a wired backhaul where possible.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gfairholm, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi connection and ordering WiFi pods. The 1GB connection does come with our WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time and 7 days apart too. 

So we can order your first pod for you, we will need to confirm some information. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs