cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gb superhub 5 issues

Pilzo
On our wavelength

I have had the 1Gb superhub 5 package for 4 weeks and I have nothing but issues. Those issues are extremely high ping when playing any online games. Not to mention constant drop outs on a lan connection straight to the StupidHub 5. I also see there's plenty of issues with the StupidHub 5 regarding high ping rates. Whats the fix?

Ping rates over 900ms from lower 20s, then chucks me out of game. Watching a youTube video, disconnects, reconnect then disconnects. This service is 100% unreliable and unusable. Why do Virgin insist on doing stupid checking your download speeds conversations.My PC is 20 inches from my StupidHub. Connected via cat 6 directly into port 1 of the StupidHub and my connection is like a yoyo. 3rd phone conversation with an Indian call center and now they have stated there's, an issue with the cabinet, which is only affecting my connection. So instead of fixing issue we will monitor it for 48 hours. This is either a large congestion issue with the cabinets or the StupidHub is NOT fit for purpose. Did a 60 second pin hole reset which was supposed to reset StupidHub back to factory, which it didn't. My Hub 3 was great, hardly any issues at all. I could game, surf and generally use it on a daily basis but not with this 1Gb StupidHub 5

45 REPLIES 45

Pilzo
On our wavelength

4 hub 5 routers, 5 engineer visits, some cables re terminated and the dropouts are now worse. Clearly the Hub 5 is the issue, but all VM say is 'There's no issues with the hub 5.' when clearly there are. I am trying to get moved onto the Hub 4 to try and rectify this on going issues. Not a happy bunny with Virgin Media as it seems they are miss selling a service they know is trash. Also, it appears, I am not the only person this affects.

Pilzo
On our wavelength

On my worst hub 5 yet. Constant dropouts, and now my 1Gb service is now 90-95 Mbps up and down. I have gotten nowhere with VM. Virgin Media, I need a fix for this please?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a new cable 1aTTack.de 30m Cat6 Ethernet Cable Lan Patch Cat 6 Cables Internet Rj45 Plug 1Gbit/s SFTP PIMF for s...

test with hub in modem mode without a router disable EEE or green ethernet  on NIC 

---------------------------------------------------------------

What was the outcome of your DMs, if any, with the forum team last time https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-5-1gb-constant-package-loss/td-p/538503...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi, it was, get out of may contract or pretty much nothing. I have had 4 routers, 6 engineer's and a whole lot of **bleep** from VM. They are not remotely interested in fixing their issues. I do not want to move to low grade copper network so Virgin is my only danm choice.

OK so you have had four different routers, it's fairly inconceivable that all four would be faulty, so it's not a hub issue. Six different techs (please don't call them engineers) who did what? Swop the hub, check the cables were properly connected?

Now there are many posts on here from people whose hub 5 seems to have decide that it'll only work at 100 Mb/s, so it is quite possible that you have one of those, but this doesn't explain all the other issues you have been reporting. Looking through your other posts, it does seem obvious that you have a cable issue between yourself and the street cabinet, or a fault with the cabinet itself, plus you now seem to have one of the 'cursed' hub 5s with dodgy ethernet ports.

Now what can you do? Well basically cancel and go elsewhere, and yes I take your point that you don't want to 'move to a low grade copper connection', but at the same time what if you are right about 'they are not remotely interested in fixing their issues'; that leaves you paying VM each month and them, effectively telling you, 'tough, do one, what are you going to do...?'

So ask yourself this, what alternative providers are there for you? What speeds etc can they offer, do you really, really need gigabit speed? Yes it's nice, but if you are not getting it reliably, then what's the point?

Pilzo
On our wavelength
03d282d49bdad961621c7206a6f32fe92a9a12e8-16-09-2023.png

Everyday, i turn on my PC and this happens. Virgin Media please sort this out as it is unusable

Screenshot (30).pngScreenshot (31).pngScreenshot (32).pngScreenshot (33).png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

In some cases this can be caused by you if you max out your download or upload speed as traffic gets buffered due to VM rate limiting capability test here

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

https://speed.cloudflare.com/

Pilzo
On our wavelength

Virgin Media. Please respond to these queries with my on going internet woes with your company?

From now on you will NOT see any further payments from me until you fix these issues. Not the last excuses you gave me. Had this service for 6 months, as I have no other option but to use your services. The level of service and quality of your staff in order to fix any issues is seriously lacking.

Every time i turn my PC on it takes roughly 1 hour for the HUB 5 to get a solid connection. I have placed a BQM report and no one replied, again.

I just want a working internet, that's all.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM will take their time in getting to you your BQM (not the best way to ask for support by naming it as you did) shows fine as in no packet loss of course whats the point in no packet loss if your ping shoots up high. Normally ping spikes can happen in the upstream due to load on the network at busy times like it did for me 9:30pm but your spike happened at 4pm not that the same thing can't happen at any time just unlikely. So I ask you to which many know little about when such a thing happens is what was you doing from 3-5pm?