cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m at my wits end

School
Joining in

Total loss of service at our small school since Tuesday. I’m so livid and stressed up as VM are so useless that it’s unbelievable. When you call them, you are either holding for ages, passed from pillar to post, given different information or the call drops. I just feel so sad. I don’t even know what to do anymore. We’re paying for this service!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are a school... are you on a VM Business user's package/connection ?

This forum is for VM Residential customers - VM Business is a separate entity - so there will be little help available on here.

If you are on VM Residential package then you can check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Assuming you are on VMB, how are you procuring the service?

Is this a direct contract between your single school and VMB or are you accessing the service via some sort of shared procurement involving many schools (such as an academy trust, consortium, local authority, regional 'grid' initiative etc.)?