cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does turning of Energy Saving Ethernet on a Windows PC cause normal function?

mda99das
Up to speed

I have the hub 5 and had problems with hard wired ethernet PC having issues connecting to the internet when in a standby state and sometimes from a cold boot up. I have a Hub 5 which has 3 switches connected to it that feed different parts of the house. The switches are unmanaged.

Why does turning of Energy Saving Ethernet on a Windows PC cause normal function?

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mda99das, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

Did the above help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes it was an interesting read, still not perfect, as sometimes I have to unplug the ethernet, but it is better.

Any idea when a fix will come out.

On another note I put a post about needing a Wifi Pod that can be connected by ethernet cable. can you help?

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Might be months quicker and far less painful to buy a Wireless Access Point !

There isn't currently any update on this to provide at this time @mda99das 

Regarding your WiFi Pod request, we can see on the systems at our side that this is already sorted for you. 
Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley