cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Firmware Upgrade

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Had a Firmware upgrade pushed out this morning at 00:17  Service was resumed about 6 minutes later according to my Router emails.

Now at LG-RDK_7.6.15-2306.5

No idea what the changes are however as I use modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

128 REPLIES 128

gitty
Fibre optic

Has the displayed frequency for the OFDMA channel been fixed (74 MHz is not correct)? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is now showing 74000000 Hz

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m still on LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

BillBudd
Superfast

Same here, still on LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6.

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

jk1990
Dialled in

Looks like the 2.5Gb internet port when connecting to a 2.5Gb network card, now breaks unless 802.03az (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is disabled on my network switch (2.5gb) or my desktop direct.

You may need to go into device manager on your network card, advanced, find energy efficient Ethernet and turn it off. For my switch I’ve just gone into a gigabit port, like it’s not worth trying to fix it. 

Not a great start. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good spot !! There is a post here somewhere about this and the only solution mentioned was for the user to reboot the PC.  I'll try and find it and repost your solution as it's more sustainable than rebooting.  

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Always EEE seems to be the course of problems...  

---------------------------------------------------------------

thinkpad
Up to speed

Mine was updated to the new firmware (LG-RDK_7.6.15-2306.5) around 2am Wednesday.

Haven't noticed any problems yet...

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Since I got the update I can no longer edit connected device details on the Home screen of the settings page.

Can anyone else using router mode replicate this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs