cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my new account, signs me into old one

Lord_Thaemris
Joining in

Hi, I had a Virgin Media account for broadband back in 2018. Had this account for about a year then moved and canceled the account.

Now I am moving again and have become a customer to Virgin Media again and have  subscribed to Virgin Media internet broadband. 

I have set up this new account through my primary email but I have noticed that it is still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my email address. Whenever I tried to log in using different credentials with my new account number it states that the account is already open under my email but then reverts me back to my old account.

Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked/deleted and new account linked to my login. Or for my new account to be allowed to register with an alternative email?

I am at a loss at the moment. I have tried phoning and they said just to wait until my internet was active. It is now active and I am getting the same issue. I attempt to sign up using my account number and area reference. it then says that this account is already active with my email. Therefore I log in with that and it goes to my old account.

Please someone help me with this predicament. I would like to access my account so that I can keep on top of bills and services etc. I just keep on going round in circles and cannot seem to set my new account up properly.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this matter. If I require to give additional information about this issue then please let me know.

Kind Regards, 

Matthew 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Reemo, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue trying to access your and set up your new My Virgin Media account. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Reemo, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and confirming things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi-

I'm having the exact same issue, and am near despondency with the help I've been able to get online. I cannot even authenticate myself with the Tech Support because they insist on asking me questions on my new account, which because of the problem in this thread, I have no access to!!

Please can someone reach out to me so we can merge the two accounts?

Thanks,

Hi @JohnSmizz, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,

Daniel

dugg1989
Joining in

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. I had a VM broadband account but moved house. Because there was a two month gap between houses, it appears my old account was closed and a new one set up. 

Now my new broadband account is up and running but I can only access the old, inactive account via the app. 

Would appreciate any assistance. 

Thanks

Hi there @dugg1989 

Thank you so much for your posy and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank again for posting. I'd be happy to take a look into this with you via a private message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM @dugg1989 and I am so glad that we have now resolved this. 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you ever need any help and we will do all we to assist!