cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my new account, signs me into old one

Lord_Thaemris
Joining in

Hi, I had a Virgin Media account for broadband back in 2018. Had this account for about a year then moved and canceled the account.

Now I am moving again and have become a customer to Virgin Media again and have  subscribed to Virgin Media internet broadband. 

I have set up this new account through my primary email but I have noticed that it is still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my email address. Whenever I tried to log in using different credentials with my new account number it states that the account is already open under my email but then reverts me back to my old account.

Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked/deleted and new account linked to my login. Or for my new account to be allowed to register with an alternative email?

I am at a loss at the moment. I have tried phoning and they said just to wait until my internet was active. It is now active and I am getting the same issue. I attempt to sign up using my account number and area reference. it then says that this account is already active with my email. Therefore I log in with that and it goes to my old account.

Please someone help me with this predicament. I would like to access my account so that I can keep on top of bills and services etc. I just keep on going round in circles and cannot seem to set my new account up properly.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this matter. If I require to give additional information about this issue then please let me know.

Kind Regards, 

Matthew 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lord_Thaemris  The Move & Transfer process is not something that you can do yourself. @David_Bn or another member of the VM Forum Team would need to arrange this if it is possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a cookies issue

open an inprivate tab on your browser and log in there with the new account details see if that works.

Or you can just clear all the browsers cookies, mind this will log you out of any sites you have signed into

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Lord_Thaemris, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced with trying to set up a new online account.

You should be able to set up the online account using an alternative E-Mail, have you gone through and tried this?

The other alternative is to locate your former account and perform a move and transfer from the former account to the newly formed account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good Morning, 

Sorry for the late reply but I work shift patterns so it is easier for the forum posts but replies may be poor in length of time.

I have attempted countless times to set up the new account with an alternative email but when I attempt to do registering after putting in the account number, area reference and my surname it states that the account already exists under my email address and takes me to my old account.

I have tried to do what you have said in terms of transferring my old account into the new one but I cannot find how to do this. This makes me sceptical to if it is possible to do. Any help and guidance would be much appreciated. 

Did not realise that this would have been such a difficulty and expected that my account from 4 years ago would have been deleted/closed by now.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lord_Thaemris  The Move & Transfer process is not something that you can do yourself. @David_Bn or another member of the VM Forum Team would need to arrange this if it is possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lord_Thaemris.

Thanks for posting and welcome to our forum page.

You may not be able to do this email account transfer yourself from there but the good news is we can process this change for you.
In order to help you out with this issue, I will send you a PM shortly.

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hello im having this exact same issue is there any way you can assist me with an email account transfer 

Hi there @meany84 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue as well and thank you for post. 

I will pop you a PM so we can take a look into this. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

I also have a very similar issue. I would be grateful is someone could help. 

Reemo
Joining in

Exactly the same issue here! 

Can I get some help with accessing my new account please?