cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price hike after agreed contract for 18 months

luxmagi7
Joining in

Hello there, I am going to leave Virgin Media, mainly because they have increased the price r.e. 1st of May price hike, so I want to know if I will be charged for leaving, as it's Virgin who are altering the terms of the contract we agreed on, lasting for 18 months, some 4 months ago, please help!

I don't really take any pleasure in leaving, as I've been with them since around 2009-2010, and they've been a marveltastic provider throughout all of the time that I have been with them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@luxmagi7 wrote:

Hello there, I am going to leave Virgin Media, mainly because they have increased the price r.e. 1st of May price hike, so I want to know if I will be charged for leaving, as it's Virgin who are altering the terms of the contract we agreed on, lasting for 18 months, some 4 months ago, please help!

I don't really take any pleasure in leaving, as I've been with them since around 2009-2010, and they've been a marveltastic provider throughout all of the time that I have been with them.

The chances are your 18 month contract was for a fixed discount, not a fixed price. Hence VM can increase the price within contract. Take a look at the Promotions & Discounts section of your bill for clarification of this. VM are not breaking the contract if this is the case, but you can still leave without penalty within 30 days of the increased bill being received.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi luxmagi7,

There will be a Right To Cancel for all impacted customers, who can choose to cancel their contract within 30 days from receipt of their communication. Customers will not incur early disconnection fees if requesting their cancellation within this 30 day period.

Customers started to receive letters and emails from 26 January 2023.  The letter will contain the information our customers need about exiting their contract and the final date they have to contact us to cancel.

Thanks,

Beth

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@luxmagi7 wrote:

The chances are your 18 month contract was for a fixed discount, not a fixed price. Hence VM can increase the price within contract. Take a look at the Promotions & Discounts section of your bill for clarification of this. VM are not breaking the contract if this is the case, but you can still leave without penalty within 30 days of the increased bill being received.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

• So is that 30 days after May the first nodrogd?