cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

paul_55
On our wavelength

Just a lack of update....phone call from IT on 17th asking me to try sign  in. As expected my user id was not recognised so still no Netflix.

It would be good to know if something is being done by someone, even if it's a failure, and have it communicated instead of having  to post here for the forum team to  follow.

Has the IT team heard of ITIL? I suspect that they may not have.....

Disappointed

Paul

Received by post yesterday:

Scan019.jpg

spell
Knows their stuff

They had a problem and they failed to fix it - past tense. There is no mention of any kind of resolution here - just meaningless waffle.

Hi all, 

We are so sorry to hear that you are all still effected by this issue. I can assure you that we fully appreciate how frustrating this must be and the frustration caused. 

Can I just check for all those still effected are you able to confirm for me: 

Are you on a Netflix inclusive bundle? 

Is there a Netflix activated panel on your My Virgin Media App? If so are you able to try activate from here? 

Have you had an IT ticket raised by our teams for this issue yet?

Thank you. 

Hi Ash_C,

Are you on a Netflix inclusive bundle? YES

Is there a Netflix activated panel on your My Virgin Media App? NO If so are you able to try activate from here? 

Have you had an IT ticket raised by our teams for this issue yet? YES (see below)

Following WhatsApp conversation, IT ticket raised by the agent on 30th June @15:24, with the comment of "you will receive a response within 48 hours"

Still waiting for resolution 4 weeks later

Still disappointed

Paul

Are you on a Netflix inclusive bundle?   YES

Is there a Netflix activated panel on your My Virgin Media App? If so are you able to try activate from here?  NO (on Windows app)

On Android the Netflix link redirects to the web app which when you hit 'Manage Netflix' sends you into an endless loop

Have you had an IT ticket raised by our teams for this issue yet? At least 3 IT tickets have been raised

Thank you @paul_55 and @necs for getting back to me and for confirming these points for me. 

If have a ticket has been raised it does mean our teams are still working towards a resolution for you. I am so sorry again that this has happened and you are waiting. 

I fully understand the frustrations caused here, but I can assure you our teams are aware of the issues and still working towards a resolution. 

Thank you again. 

The question nobody will answer is how many people are working on the fix.

VM obviously know the answer to this , and how many more accounts need fixing , so therefore could give a time frame,but the question is coninually ignored !

Having got my email a week ago I expected to then see a lot of others posting that they have seen theirs but have seen none, VM clearly not working hard enough !

The lack of decent communication and feedback on this issue is more annoying than the issue itself.

We are just left in limbo with a stock answer of it's being worked on!

Also;

How come most other organisations can roll out new apps, updates and fixes to their entire customer bases in one go and yet VM can't, even though at heart, they are a technology company?

It doesn't add up, something is seriously wrong with this company.

If I was the CEO, I'd be looking to replace the Chief Technology Officer and Head of Public Relations (or their VM equivalents)!