cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

We keep being fobbed off with all the variations on IT tickets being escalated etc.

This fix is not about IT tickets !!

There are obviously thousands of users who have experinced this issue , probably less than 1% of them would have been on these forums and requested an IT ticket , also a very small percentage would have spent time trying to contact customer services. At least 90% of the users with this problem would therefore not have a so called "IT ticket"

A friend of mine got his email last week , 3 weeks after upgrading to Ultimate Volt , he made no contact at all with VM.

Come on Virgin give us the truth ? , How many staff are working on this "fix" you must know what the timeframe for all to be resolved is ....

paul_55
On our wavelength

Hi, just an update on lack of progress. Following WhatsApp conversation, IT ticket raised by the agent on 30th June @15:24, with the comment of "you will receive a response within 48 hours". 96hours later no response. 😠

Unless I've missed the link, it doesn't appear that there is any way to check the progress/status of the aforementioned ticket on any Virgin Media webpage which from a customer perspective is somewhat less than satisfactory. Given that I have only been waiting a couple of weeks for this and not months like some others, I have not reached the stage of raising a formal complaint but it is fast approaching.

You are correct there is no link with which we can check the "IT Ticket" - I have asked.

I have requested on several ocassions a screen shot , but always falls on deaf ears. Reason being is no doubt that they do not actually exist , this is just a means of fobbing us off.

As per my previous post that vast majority of users with this issue will not have contacted VM and been issued an IT Ticket , so that is not what is needed for a fix.

Exactly what is we are not being told!

spell
Knows their stuff

And they actively promote the receipt of 'formal' complaints as a delaying tactic before closing it further down the line probably with no contact at all with the customer.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paul_55.

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing IT issue. I do apologise that you've not had an update on your ticket yet. 

I have contacted the IT team about this and they are still working on this for you. I do apologise about the wait. 

Keep this thread updated when you can so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F

Your previous post stated;

"I can see you're already in a PM conversation with my colleague so I will leave this in their capable hands."

I don't recall the exact date because your system only says 'a week ago' but the capable hands you refer to have gone silent!

What's the point of the forum team, they don't seem to be able to resolve anything on behalf of Virgin's customers?

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

As this is not an immediate response team necs, our colleague will get back to you as quickly as they possibly can or when they are back on shift.

We will ask if you keep your PM to one colleague to avoid duplication of work. I will ask my colleague to come back to you with an update.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

Matthew (hey necs) seems to have been sacked 

paul_55
On our wavelength

Hi @Paulina_Z,

Nothing to update as nothing has changed.

It would be nice if someone could keep those of us who have highlighted issues with their Netflix activation could receive some form of update personally rather that having to post again to get some news....

paul_55

Exactly, the whole idea of a forum is to ask questions and spread knowledge amongst the wider audience of those interested in the subject.