cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping through hoops every 18 months .I have had enought of this rubbish.

Ashg
Superfast

I had a contract with VM going back to  before when it was NTL, which has once again come to an end.
I've had enough of it. What I pay now is a total rip-off and it's time to leave, as I now retired and my income has dropped big-time.. I really can't be bothered to call up and have to beg for a better price and to talk to someone who I have to ask to repeat every other word.

I never use  the TV or the landline but I'm paying for these and they will not remove them.
Now looking for a new provider and there are loads to pick from!

Goodbye VM, it's a pity your business model is so poor to us the customer, the people who pay your wages

14 REPLIES 14

Ashg
Superfast

My contract has just come to an end, along the deal I had. I would like to upgrade to Maxit TV but as I'm retired the price is a big issue for me and the increase now is not good!
I've seen threads in the past on here about the best way to get a new deal, but I'm having problems finding that info. Any links would be helpful as would any advice on who to call (numbers) and the best time of the day.

Any admin seeing this perhaps you can help me .  

Hi @Ashg 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget. This doesn't always mean a downgrade.
If you would like to discuss your package and the options that are currently available for you, please call 📞 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ashg 

The Maxit TV tier was replaced by the Mega TV tier for new and re-contracting customers last September.

The only difference is that TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sports) is no longer available in any TV tiers. TNT Sports is now.only available as a standalone add on for £18 pm on a rolling 30 day contract.

You can compare the Maxit TV and Mega TV tiers on the following page:-

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Ashg 

The Maxit TV tier was replaced by the Mega TV tier for new and re-contracting customers last September.

The only difference is that TNT Sports (formerly known as BT Sports) is no longer available in any TV tiers. TNT Sports is now.only available as a standalone add on for £18 pm on a rolling 30 day contract.

You can compare the Maxit TV and Mega TV tiers on the following page:-

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

Very odd the info I found on the VM site is this, which is the same link https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide. 
The link shows both Maxit (pink) and Mega TV (purple) in the list guide key!
I have zero in any sports channels

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ashg wrote:

Very odd the info I found on the VM site is this, which is the same link https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide. 

Any channel names in light blue as shown in the list guide key are premium channel add ons

eg TNT Sports 1, TNT Sports 2, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Viaplay Sports, LFC TV, Sky Cinema Select, Sky Cinema Hits, Baby TV, Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Television X, Adult Channel

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@Ashg wrote:

Any channel names in light blue as shown in the list guide key are premium channel add ons

eg TNT Sports 1, TNT Sports 2, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Viaplay Sports, LFC TV, Sky Cinema Select, Sky Cinema Hits, Baby TV, Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Television X, Adult Channel

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, Sorry I don't see your point. I didn't ask anything about premium channel add ons and I have not interest in any of those what so ever! They would have to pay me to have a sports channel 🤣

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good afternoon @Ashg 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry you're considering leaving us. 

Please either call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4, or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start) and I'm sure the team will be able to have an offer for you that suits your needs :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Good afternoon @Ashg 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry you're considering leaving us. 

Please either call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4, or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start) and I'm sure the team will be able to have an offer for you that suits your needs :).

Phone! Did you read my comment!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ashg wrote:

I never use  the TV or the landline but I'm paying for these

Not necessarily true of the landline. Quite often the "without" bundle costs more than a "with" one, because landlines attract very generous multi-buy discounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks