cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping through hoops every 18 months .I have had enought of this rubbish.

Ashg
Superfast

I had a contract with VM going back to  before when it was NTL, which has once again come to an end.
I've had enough of it. What I pay now is a total rip-off and it's time to leave, as I now retired and my income has dropped big-time.. I really can't be bothered to call up and have to beg for a better price and to talk to someone who I have to ask to repeat every other word.

I never use  the TV or the landline but I'm paying for these and they will not remove them.
Now looking for a new provider and there are loads to pick from!

Goodbye VM, it's a pity your business model is so poor to us the customer, the people who pay your wages

14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Ashg 

I did but we don't do package changes via the Forums so provided you the ways to contact the team.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @Ashg 

I've merged your other thread  (about the cost of upgrading to maxit tv, the best way to get a new deal, any advice on who to call (numbers) and the best time of the day) with this new thread.  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

HI again @Ashg 

I've merged your other thread  (about the cost of upgrading to maxit tv, the best way to get a new deal, any advice on who to call (numbers) and the best time of the day) with this new thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pity you did that as my plans changed from that idea on the other thread, which is why I did a different thread 🙄

@PlantPot17 wrote:

So you are really after a broadband-only contract, you aren't interested in TV at all so, whatever the packages happen to be called this week is irrelevant really, yes?

Assuming the above, then VM aren't really invested in you, they don't make much money on BB only contracts, so they won't realistically put much of an effort into keeping you. The logic being that if you leave, then they don't lose much anyway, but, they know that 'customer inertia' is a real thing, so there is a good chance that you won't leave, because it's too much trouble and carry on paying them an exorbitant amount each month!

On the other hand, the one and only way you'll get a reasonable offer is to actually leave, not threaten, not call them and say 'I'm thinking of leaving', actually leave, do it, put your 30 day notice in, and mean it! There is a good chance that they will call you back and make a much better offer.

But maybe they won't, maybe they will call your bluff and let you go - so you absolutely have to have an alternative supplier lined up.

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Well the answer is I did have an alternative set up and was happy to go ahead with it! I sat on WhatsApp last night I went through the whole boring process . First offer was a rubbish offer as normal, and was told I can't change your package to that. So I was asked if I would like to connect  the retention team. No problem I can sit here all evening with a beer watching Sky 😂 waiting for them to connect me on WhatsApp. Yes I got a deal which was okay but if it have been £5 more I would have left VM. Yes I do still have the basic TV which is in a cupboard collecting dust 😂 . So in the end the price reflected Broadband only. Next time it maybe different next time . Work is going on to improve the 5g near me, so in 18 months I will looking at mobile Broadband, which I what to use going forward anyway . Then I will be gone! I really don't care about their logic as you put it, it's all about me and my money 😂  . I have zero loyalty to VM !

@PlantPot17 wrote:

So you are really after a broadband-only contract, you aren't interested in TV at all so, whatever the packages happen to be called this week is irrelevant really, yes?

Assuming the above, then VM aren't really invested in you, they don't make much money on BB only contracts, so they won't realistically put much of an effort into keeping you. The logic being that if you leave, then they don't lose much anyway, but, they know that 'customer inertia' is a real thing, so there is a good chance that you won't leave, because it's too much trouble and carry on paying them an exorbitant amount each month!

On the other hand, the one and only way you'll get a reasonable offer is to actually leave, not threaten, not call them and say 'I'm thinking of leaving', actually leave, do it, put your 30 day notice in, and mean it! There is a good chance that they will call you back and make a much better offer.

But maybe they won't, maybe they will call your bluff and let you go - so you absolutely have to have an alternative supplier lined up.

That's incorrect. They make the most money from Broadband compared to just another service like TV. The TV side; most of it goes in licensing from Sky and other premium providers. The bundling is because it makes the stats look good for reporting to stakeholders and makes people feel they get more value by having more services. More services usually also means more average revenue per customer too.