cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't waste your time to Cancel via phone or chat !!!

kenancirik
On our wavelength

Don't waste your time trying to cancel your services even your contract ended via phone or sms or chat.

Its impossible; they will transfer you some other team after 1 hour waiting then the call will drop of after another 30min (3rd time happening) I spent many hours for nothing. So don't BS me with your stupid replies please.

I will just send them a notice letter then I will cancel the direct debit. Then I will make complain via ombudsman service.

I will never ever be a customer anything related with Virgin again for their stupid give up tactics. (dropped off 3rd time after 1 hour).

I hate you VM and branson...

56 REPLIES 56

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Draganblue 

The forum team don't have access to the cancellation systems.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @Draganblue 

Thank you very much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you are also facing issues cancelling. 

We cannot process cancellations via the forums, but you can find information on how to cancel online here, also a big thank you to newapollo who has listed this within the thread.

Draganblue
Tuning in

I had sent a signed letter to Virgin media requesting the cancelation of service ( i have proof of received letter) , yesterday i received  an email with a bill showing a change of service wich shows a continuation of the service (i did not ask this!!!) and also on bill it shows a £7.5 fee late payment Charge 29th September, when i have been paying all bills by direct debit ALWAYS on time!!! is this a sort of rip off thing that VM is doing? where to complain this situation? 

I just whish i NEVER had used this internet provider, having this difficulties to came out when should be simple and straight foward, makes me say to anyone who's thinking in join VM, AVOID AS MUCH YOU CAN... 

Virgin are incompetent beyond measure. The only possible solution is to cancel your direct debit, and switch to someone who actually gives a damn about their customers. You will NEVER get any sense from anyone at virgin, they absolutely hate and despise their customers and are basically thieves.

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi there @Draganblue 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back. I am so sorry to hear that you have faced some issues with the cancellation and have had a poor experience. 

I'll be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a PM so we can check and confirm what is happening with the account and see what we can do. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hi there @Draganblue 

Thank you so much for chatting with me via the PM and I am so glad we have been able to sort this for you.

Should you ever need any help in the future please do pop back to us here and we will do all we can to help. Thank you again for your time. 

Absolute legend mate thanks for this - it is absolutely appalling the way they treat their customers once they have signed under the dotted line and are legally tied to the company. Filth.

Update - 2 weeks before my disconnection date one of Virgin's very friendly men called me up and offered me their "BEST" deal.. somehow they managed to knock a load of money off when in the past this wasn't possible. Funny that. 

They offered me gigabit Internet for £35 a month, not a bad deal, but not a chance on earth I want to deal with these folk again!!!! 

It's horrendous mate, I feel your pain - I finally got through to an agent that seemed to have a little remorse and didn't want to hang up on me. Took about 5-6  hours of my time, over multiple days of trying. Absolutely shocking. Their an American telecoms business after all, we're just being milked

diddlydee
Tuning in

It's amazing the amount of times this has happened to people - shocking. Good riddance.