cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

232 REPLIES 232

Biccies
On our wavelength

Absolute rubbish.

You're trying to tell people who move in to a new-to-them home they can't order a new service with an offer if the previous occupants has Virgin and this is blatant lies. 

Source: Done it several times. 

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

My sentiments exactly, Biccies. They literally make it up as they go along. I ended up having it checked all the way up their executive level, and got their in house Counsel to confirm that actually, there is no policy in place covering this. 

Seems it’s middle managers within their call centres telling their staff to lie to customers in this regard. 

B

@BFULLER1 wrote:

My sentiments exactly, Biccies. They literally make it up as they go along. I ended up having it checked all the way up their executive level, and got their in house Counsel to confirm that actually, there is no policy in place covering this. 

Seems it’s middle managers within their call centres telling their staff to lie to customers in this regard. 

B

Who is this "executive level" you speak of? 

I logged a complaint direct with Mr Schüler (CEO) 5 weeks ago due to an ongoing issue of mine, which has since been resolved but left me without my landline for 12 days longer than VM promised, he or neither did his team respond to my email so I followed up with another email and I then received an automated email from his team who apparently state they will contact you with a resolution within 28 days.
Today is the 28th day and nothing from anyone, even the complaint reference doesn't exist on their site!

Shocking service, left me no option but to escalate further to the ombudsman. VM's customer service is rotten from the top down!

Thank you very much BFULLER1 for this really valuable insight.  It's great that someone has, for the benefit of others, taken the trouble to cut through the `fud' & `stories' that Virgin Media staff are using to bamboozle customers into higher priced deals. This is a situation for the customer where `knowledge is power'!

Thanks again BFULLER1 for your wise words.  I've just been through a similar experience of trying to re-negotiate a deal after Virgin doubled my monthly charges for a Broadband, TV & Phone package when my contract expired.  This was a frustrating & time consuming process without a result.  I endured multiple layers of Virgin Media `Retentions' staff assuring me that they were offering the best deal possible, yet the prices offered were all much higher than my previous deal, so more than I wanted to pay.  Therefore, I notified Virgin that I was cancelling my services & agreed a 30 days notice period. Just as you suggest, a few days later I received a call from yet another Virgin `Retentions' person who quickly agreed to a new deal for about half the price of the `best' deal offered before I cancelled.  is less than I was would have been prepared to pay. I completely support your advice - the way to get the best deal is to hold your nerve - don't accept any deal offered before you cancel - the best deals are obtained due to your cancellation.  This is the third time I've had to play this game with Virgin. It's ridiculous that existing customers have to go through this hassle.    

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

Hi silentg1971,

I see that Martin from the VM Moderation team has replied - please disregard his advise, as he is regurgitating the same VM nonsense. It is not correct at all.

You are able to give notice to cancel your service now, and your partner can place a new order the same day. The key to make sure you are not left without service for too long is to ensure that your partner's installation date is the day immediately following your disconnection. 

As I have discussed at length on this forum, this is something that my partner and I have done repeatedly, and whilst we are often threatened with legal action by VM, or accused of committing fraud, "playing the system" and such like, works 100%. 

The fact of the matter is that it is a contractual issue. You, as the account holder are ending your contract with Virgin Media. Your partner, who has no relationship / contract with Virgin Media is then signing up to use their services as a new customer - which she is. 

The thing with 90 days as Martin (and other drones at Virgin Media) talks about is nonsense. No such policy exists, which has been confirmed by their executive resolutions team, who confirmed this with their internal Counsel. 

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

100% correct - even though the Virgin Media drones will say otherwise.

Hi maverick1103,

The executive level is the executive resolutions team, their head of department who also manages their social media and online communities teams. They have checked on this repeatedly and in the end actually had to consult their internal legal team for a conclusive answer - that actually, there is no process in place; no clause or requirement of a customer, new or old to cancel and wait 30/60/90 days or the new one of 6 months I've seen posted on here.

Best bet is to Google the name of the head of Virgin Media's complaint's and social media teams, and email him directly. Their email convention is simple - firstname.surname@virginmedia.co.uk - to make sure you find the right person, initials are D.P. I would post them here, but the moderators don't actually want customers to get any help, and they have some policy around removing posts with names in...

Best of luck

@BFULLER1 wrote:
Hi maverick1103,

The executive level is the executive resolutions team, their head of department who also manages their social media and online communities teams. They have checked on this repeatedly and in the end actually had to consult their internal legal team for a conclusive answer - that actually, there is no process in place; no clause or requirement of a customer, new or old to cancel and wait 30/60/90 days or the new one of 6 months I've seen posted on here.

Best bet is to Google the name of the head of Virgin Media's complaint's and social media teams, and email him directly. Their email convention is simple - firstname.surname@virginmedia.co.uk - to make sure you find the right person, initials are D.P. I would post them here, but the moderators don't actually want customers to get any help, and they have some policy around removing posts with names in...

Best of luck

Hi BFULLER1,

Thanks for this information.

I did get a call from their executive resolutions department the day after I emailed the CEO again with my intentions, this guy was very apologetic and ended up crediting my account with 4 months free service (£165), which I think was a fair result after all the hassle I'd been through. He also removed the contract so if I wanted to still walk for free I could do.

I think as long as I don't have to contact customer services I'll be fine.

Thanks 👍🏻