cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

Correct - that said, it’s usually reserved for people using access to the network to look at and do things they shouldn’t be doing. I do acknowledge the point of the general right to refuse though, but would never be used in this instance. - again confirmed by their internal Counsel. 

Eitherway, constantly regurgitating 30 days, 3 months, 60 and 90 time periods that are just made up is a load of nonsense. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can not rejoin as a new customer for 90 days. That is true.
But you are not rejoining someone else is.

But don't be shocked if one day you get told no as it can happen and most likely will if they keep losing money on the new customer deals

Agreed, as I say we do it every year. Every year I’m told we can’t do it. The last time Virgin Media confirmed in a DSAR that an employee was dismissed for accusing me of fraud and playing the system by doing it, and again, nonetheless, it happens each time. 

I'm just waiting for my network’s 5G to catch up and I’m out anyway. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
if they gave you an outcome of an internal employee complaint then they have broken GDPR.
@ModTeam can we get a statement on VM policy on canceling and taking out a new contract in another name?

@John_GS wrote:

Hi maverick1103

Thanks for posting.

Allow me to clarify this 🙂

You'll not be able to leave and your partner join as a new customer. You need to give thirty days notice to cancel, then have three months no service at the property before being able to rejoin as a new customer. 

This would apply to anyone in the property

Kind regards,

Hi John,

@bfuller1 as already stated you are wrong, this isn't the case, I've just successfully joined at the same property as my partner and got services activated 4 days after she gave notice. 

I joined and saved £20 a month and got the new 360 box, which wasn't available to my partner.

Cheers.

So if I understand correctly, I may be able to:

1. Cancel my contract giving 30 days notice.

2. Get my wife to sign up as a new customer to start in 31 days

3. Should be able to get a better/cheaper deal in her name, as she has never been a Virgin Media customer.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

@eah_1970 wrote:

So if I understand correctly, I may be able to:

1. Cancel my contract giving 30 days notice.

2. Get my wife to sign up as a new customer to start in 31 days

3. Should be able to get a better/cheaper deal in her name, as she has never been a Virgin Media customer.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Correct, this is what I did 2 weeks ago and we saved ourselves £30 ish a month and got the new TV box.

@maverick1103

Would it be OK to ask whether you and your partner are married, or have the same surname?

It's just that Bfuller has successfully done these renewals in the past, but has confirmed that he and his partner have different surnames, and I'm wondering if that is the reason he and yourself have had a relatively pain-free renewal.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tink!

Anonymous
Not applicable
if we find out you are doing this they may just let you cancel and then refuse the new account.
Remember they do not have to sign up anyone

@TinkerTim wrote:

@maverick1103

Would it be OK to ask whether you and your partner are married, or have the same surname?

It's just that Bfuller has successfully done these renewals in the past, but has confirmed that he and his partner have different surnames, and I'm wondering if that is the reason he and yourself have had a relatively pain-free renewal.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tink!

We aren't married so I'm the same as Bfuller.