cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt package

Adeewest
On our wavelength

After a lot of mucking around with my package I was offered a 500 GB package as I am a O2 user I was told I would get 1000gb by the person offering my deal, when I spoke to the engineer who installed my new modem he agreed as I mentioned it to him when he fitted the new modem, however I am only getting just over 500gb, my contract says M500 volt , please can you advise what I should be getting

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

M500 Volt is indeed 500 Mbps. I assume you have been upgraded from vanilla M350 via Volt.

You could look to hold VM to the Gig1 call centre statement referencing the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and securing the call recording. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Adeewest thanks for reaching out and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any potential mis-selling or mis-information there may have been. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Adeewest
On our wavelength

Thanks this is being looked into as you suggested 

Glad to hear this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Adeewest
On our wavelength

I understand being asked questions when going thru security, but my latest is 8 questions on 5 separate times with different questions each time, why note ask all the questions at once, this feels like delaying time, my speed query started 2 months ago and has not been answered  just we will investigate, I think VM have had long enough to investigate. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post from the natter section (the staff don't usually check that forum) and merged it with your original thread regarding the Volt speed  This should bump the post again, but I agree you should have had answers and a solution by now.

It's a nuisance having to answer security questions but they are there for a purpose, for your own protection, and protection of your data. You wouldn't want someone to get hold of sensitive information about yourself, such as say medical records or payment details, or make changes and tie you into a new contract etc. 

Companies have to follow the DPA process by law, if they don't they can be fined a huge amount, or even have their licence removed. 

I have worked within call centres for various companies and failure to ask security questions can result in instant dismissal for the agent. 

One of the companies I worked for (I won't name them but they were an energy company) were under investigation due to DPA failure and were severely at risk of losing their licence.   Due to this the company insisted on every agent performing DPA , even when passing the call between agents, and the transferring agent advising that the customer had passed DPA. It was frustrating for us as call handlers, and even more annoying for the caller.  I agree with performing DPA again for cold transfers, but not for warm transfers, BUT the caller could still have been passed the phone to a non account holder in the time between the agents passing the calls between each other.

It's frustrating for agents as well if a customer rattles of their name, address, account number etc before being asked for those details.  Why?  Because the agents then can't accept those details as answers to security questions, because they haven't actually asked them, and must then find other questions/methods to determine that the caller is the actual account holder.

(apart from some agents not performing DPA at all, or accepting incorrect answers, one of the reasons the energy company were being so strict was because a caller had put a complaint into the ombudsman that the company allowed changes to be made to his account without his authority -  he had completed DPA and then passed the phone to his wife and the agent hadn't asked for the account holders authority for his wife to speak on his behalf,  nor asked the account holder to confirm he was happy for the account changes that his wife had asked for to be made, so he wasn't very happy with his wife or the outcome of the call)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali