cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

main email deleted without warning by Virgin Media

av5
Joining in

Had a lot of problems yesterday and spent ALL DAY talking to various people at Virgin Media.  It seems they deleted our main email address and account without telling us.  They told us to use Gmail instead.  We have two other email accounts which are not the main ones which have not been deleted as yet.

We were told we can't retrieve this account but were 'offered' an upgrade package.  Do I smell a rat?  Has the account been deleted so we called only to be told about the so called 'upgrade' and its benefits?

Is it legal for Virgin Media to delete a main account which is paid and up to date without advising the customer beforehand?  

Anyone else had this problem?

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@av5 As has been previously mentioned the only way for emails to your blueyonder address to be forwarded to a Gmail account is if you set up a forwarding rule in VM webmail to do so.

VM staff would not be able to do this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you @av5 I can see that our agent has popped you a PM now so they can take a closer look into this with you, please do respond to their message and they will do all they can to help.

Can you remind me what a PM is and how to find it

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PM is a Private Message. There is an envelope symbol at the top of the screen, should have a number by it if you have a PM. Click on the envelope to see message.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi av5,

When a Private Message is sent, please check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message. You will be able to reply to that message once opened 👍

Rob