cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email & Blueyonder.co.uk

had_enough2024
Tuning in

Hi new to forum but struggling.

Have a blueyonder.co.uk email address and no issues until last week after sending emails from computer I suddenly couldn't send from my phone via wi-fi but can when wi-fi turned off.

Went online and was asked to change my email address to a non-blueyonder which I was wary of so thought nothing of it.

Today I now can't send emails from my computer but don't have the option to switch wi-fi off. I can receive emails no issue.

I have gone back on line to virgin and once again asking me to change email address to non-virgin so put in an alternative and it says I have to verify my account but receive no acknowledgement that the email has been changed in any folder or on new email.

Ive had enough and the thought of informing everyone I have a new email address is too daunting and i did love my blue yonder one as it was easy to remember.

Please help me

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@had_enough2024 

Try following the route posted by 用心棒

Consider trying the following:

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ :
  • select Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • Other from drop down list
  • copy and paste the error message into  Log evidence field
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would check to see if your public IP address is found on Spamhaus' SBL

Go to whatismyipaddress.com when connected to wifi and view your IPv4 address.

Put your address in here - Lookup - Reputation Checker - Spamhaus+

Check to see if you are listed on anything OTHER than Spamhaus' PBL

Note: being on the PBL is normal but being on any other of their listings is not.  VM have in the past had a policy of blocking IP addresses that have been seen sending spam, I'm not saying you are spamming intentionally, but we have seen users in the past whose devices have been exploited by spammers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you only on PBL and was slightly disappointed as it might have fixed the issue lol

I would follow up on Graham's advice in that case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Done although no error code and just issue, worth a go and see what happens