cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No password provided for blueyonder.co.uk"

puffin
On our wavelength

I have an old virgin.net account, still working OK touch wood, though plagued with phishing-type spam. For that reason I have a gmail account also. My wife, however, has a blueyonder account, which for the last few days she has been unable to use, whenever she tries to access it on her iPhone there is a response "no password provided for blueyonder.co.uk".  If she tries on her Windows 10 laptop using Thunderbird she gets a similar message. If she tries to use webmail she is told there is something wrong with her password.  She has checked her password, used the password reminder function, she gets absolutely nowhere. It seems to me that Virgin has lost her password or the account has been hacked and someone has changed it to something different.

How do we get this fixed please?  I can provide the account details in a pm, as I have done in the past when I have had various virginmedia problems.   Thanks.  We are in our mid-70s and Mrs Puffin is getting very anxious!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @puffin ,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will be sending you a private message so that I can access your account and look into this further.

Joe 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

puffin
On our wavelength

Help!  This morning Mrs Puffin tries webmail and there's a message popping up: "Sending of password for user (name)@blueyonder.co.uk did not succeed.  Mail server pop3.blueyonder.co.uk responded: Disconnected for inactivity".

Inactivity? She's been attempting to read/send her email for days.  This is ridiculous.

Hello @puffin ,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will be sending you a private message so that I can access your account and look into this further.

Joe 

puffin
On our wavelength

Thanks, will do that now.

Michael