cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no email access

energise
On our wavelength

As requested by Mod Team. posting again re the issues. Support team say they were resolved, but they're ongoing here. 

Since Thursday evening, cannot access mail - server unreachable/ time out messages. 

Have tried various browsers, devices, password changes etc with no luck. 

What did work on my phone was turning off Wi-Fi. Unable to use mobile data / hotspot with laptop though as signal is poor indoors (plus that would be a workaround, not a fix!) Appears to be an issue Virgin has with my network? Aware this applies to others too as got this workaround from this board.

Received a text message from a company asking if my mail is down as they've been trying to mail me, but it's been bouncing back.

the issues identified by support definitely haven't been resolved, sadly = would appreciate any help!

16 REPLIES 16

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by app mail address?  If you are referring to the third party email username then that has nothing to do with accessing your Ntlworld email address via an email client or app.  It shouldn't appear anywhere in the app settings.

The third party email username is only used to login to My Virgin Media and VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

energise
On our wavelength

yes, ir's a 3rd party email username, used to log in to my ntlworld account, the email from my primary ntlworld  account was sent to [MOD EDIT: Removed]  This is the address of the account I'm having the issues with . The undeliverable message showed the 3rd party mail address, nt the ntlworld address it was sent to . The email did however reach the problem ntlworld account which I can still access on mobile data.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As suggested earlier this all points to you having incorrectly included the third party email address somewhere in the account settings most likely as the return email address or possibly the account username.  This would explain the undeliverable messages that you are seeing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

energise
On our wavelength

Thanks - I only ever used that address  as the third party address when signing up for the app password, and to log in to my VM account and webmail thereafter. all was well until the issue last week with signing in .

Hey energise, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this,

I can see my colleague has already been helping you on this 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

yes, thanks. 

Finally managed to change my password without it looping and now have access again .

Hi energise,

Thank you for the update, really glad to hear you now have access to your email, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.