Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to ntlworld.com emails

Fenella1
Joining in

I have tried to access my emails this morning and received the following 

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

I have followed the instructions to change my email to a non ntlworld one and get an email to the new one to verify but then don't get anything to reset password. I have spent nearly half an hour on the phone trying to sort it to no avail to be told someone will get back to me in the next 3-5 days! I urgently need access to my emails....

10 REPLIES 10

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fenella1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Just to confirm, are you unable to access your e-mails both via webmail and an e-mail "client" app (like Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail or Gmail)?

Advice on how to manage your e-mail account can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

notsonewuser
On our wavelength

Snap:   you need what is called an APP password apparently BUT...

you'll be sent in a circle by the various web pages;

1 click 'get app password' button on your VM account page

2, it'll demand you use an external email address, then insist on changing the password , which probably will not be accepted by the pages java script filter (because the requirements are not describe on the page!) HINT: Try starting with a letter and including a * or #

3, you'll receive and email with link to confirm new external address and allow you to log on to the VM mail page which will show you your external account .

4 go back to 1 

I now can't get into my email anywhere or access my virginmedia account!! Have changed my email to a non ntlworld one but when i request a reset password link it is not being received.

Having requested to change my email to a non ntlworld one and spoken to Virginmedia I am now can't access my emails or virginmedia account or am not receiving password reset link to my new email!!

notsonewuser
On our wavelength

Fenella1,

I get the link emails sent to my external ,gmail, account OK, so it might me worth checking the spam  folders etc.

If you find the reset link , it'll be out of date but should take you to a page where you can request another .

Then you have to pass the password challenge ...

If you get past this and get an APP password do please let us know (and how)

Hi Fenella1

We're sorry to hear you haven't received the link.

Have you checked your other email folders such as spam?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

MCFCTrick
On our wavelength

I have had the same problem for almost two months trying to access my NTL email. Have spoken to various people online, and on here, all giving me instructions that will fix it. Not a one has worked. Getting so frustrated with it now. I need to access them urgently. 

Hi @MCFCTrick, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having and that you feel this way 😔

I can see my colleague responded to your private message yesterday. We'll continue to chase this up for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Yes, checked everything. Had a call from technical support on Sunday who confirmed my email was changed to another provider but that they couldn't get a reset password to send (same conversation I'd had the previous Thursday). Told they'd raise a ticket and someone would be in touch..nothing since.