cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP issues on Android and macbbok

joe3400
On our wavelength

Hi, for the last 48 hours, I have been able to receive emails but unable to send on either of my virgin/Blueyonder emai

addresses. screenshot can be provided if required, doesn't matter whether I'm using my smartphone or MacBook.

Any ideas please

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A number of us with this issue found that VM blocked our IP address. That still allows incoming e-mail but blocks outgoing traffic from your home Hub IP.

If you can send e-mails using the VM Web App (or Outlook on a phone using data not your wi-fi) you may have the same issue.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

joe3400
On our wavelength

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 14.58.49.png

joe3400
On our wavelength

Any ideas?

Hello joe3400

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced via Android, we understand the frustration and appreciate you taking the time to let us know via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting, were they able to assist and resolve the issue for you during the call?

Let us know.

Rob

A number of us with this issue found that VM blocked our IP address. That still allows incoming e-mail but blocks outgoing traffic from your home Hub IP.

If you can send e-mails using the VM Web App (or Outlook on a phone using data not your wi-fi) you may have the same issue.

joe3400
On our wavelength

I'm afraid not, they did suggest I used my virgin email server, but that is inconvenient

joe3400
On our wavelength

Thank you for your info, the only thing that might have resulted in being blocked was that I forwarded a spam email to report@phishing.co.uk as it was non VM spam.

Did call them but could't really understand the agent, terrible grasp of English

Hi joe3400 

Sorry to hear you're still having issues using your email address on 3rd party clients.  I appreciate you've advised that it's not convenient, but would you be able to test your webmail option via your online account to see if that is also impacted?

Kind regards

Lee_R

joe3400
On our wavelength

from the online email client i.e. signing into my virginmedia all ok

Thanks for coming back to us Joe3400. Have you recently changed your online account or email password? 

Have you tried to removed all the sever information from your app and re-adding it on?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L