cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Additional email inboxes not working

jl-c
Tuning in

Tom,

Sorry to hijack this but I am having exactly the same issue and I am afraid the advice so far is just totally confusing!

[MOD EDIT: Personal details] is fine but apart from one sub account are all displaying the same error.

16 REPLIES 16

Hey ClaireTed, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

Please can you make sure they are fully updated and all the settings are correctly, if you have changed the password you will just need to update the password in these apps and it should work.

You can also just remove and re - add the accounts if you wish. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Step 2 doesn't work for me. I was refused a sign-on with the affected email accounts, and when I choose the forgot password link, it tells me I need to provide the email I use to sign into VM services. When I do that, it then says: "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account." 

I have no idea what VM has done with the email system, but this is really frustrating me. I've no idea what details are lacking or why an email now can't be sent to the account I can always log in to the site with successfully.

Hi @jellysheep 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @jellysheep 

Thanks for the message, I can now see you are in a PM currently. My bad. My colleague is back tomorrow so will reply then.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jellysheep thanks for your reply via PM - I am coming back publicly now due to the nature of this.

It does appear that since the email outage, users are unable to syncronise the email inboxes together and the only fix to retrieving these back is to use them individually.

We are raising this behind the scenes to confirm if it's something we have definitely stopped or not, and if users on this thread can provide advice on how to bypass the error in re-adding the inboxes together please let us know here (considering you've already followed previous steps advised).

I'l be in touch as soon as I have any further information.

Many thanks

Tom_W

jellysheep
On our wavelength

I was wondering if there has been any update on this as my blueyonder emails that are linked to the same blueyonder mailbox are still broken and refusing to work on the webmail side of things. I am completely unable to send from any of my linked email account names. Whenever I select one of these accounts from the dropdown selection in the From box (desktop version and app), I get this message at the point of trying to send the email: "The provided password seems to be wrong or something bad happened". This also happens whenever I try to log into those email accounts separately.

VIP members do try to help on here but give with the same repeated advice of logging in to each account separately to aggregate the mail, but when the whole system seems to have been broken for us blueyonder users after the recent email overhaul, it's causing me to want to change provider as my hospital and other important correspondence is linked to one of the emails I can no longer access.

Hi @jellysheep, thank you for your post.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel