cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email branding keeps changing

LoneTrader
Joining in

When using Virgin email through Chrome under Windows 10, my system often goes to sleep after a period of inactivity or overnight.

When I wake the system up again my email page no longer shows the Virgin logo like this:

LoneTrader_0-1706563493819.png

but shows this logo instead:

LoneTrader_1-1706563545715.png

with this message:

LoneTrader_2-1706563640652.png

The page format is completely different and less user-friendly, although the URL is still:

https://mail.virginmedia.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX

so how can I prevent this happening, as it is becoming a more frequent problem for me.

but shows this logo instead:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LoneTrader wrote:

LoneTrader_1-1706563545715.png:

As you may be aware, OX app suite is the underlying system that Virgin Media uses to deliver their email service.

When you access VM webmail you are actually going via the OX app suite but you are normally redirected to the Virgin Media branded screens.

In the past,  seeing  an OX screen instead of the VM ones was often put down to a corrupt VM cookie stored in your browser and deleting any cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail from your browser often resolved the problem.

Alternatively you could try signing into webmail from a Chrome Incognito tab / window when you use VM email, (When in Incognito mode Chrome does not use any stored cookies but downloads fresh copies of any that you need.)

If the problem does not arise in an Incognito tab that's a good pointer that the problem is due to a corrupt cookie in Chrome.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure what the cause is but does pressing Ctrl + Shift + R restore correct webmail UI?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Clicking the Reload icon in Chrome doesn't make any difference, so I guess it would be the same using Ctrl + Shift + R. Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the problem so I'll try your suggestion next time it happens. Thanks 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: Ctrl + Shift + R bypasses the browser's data cache when reloading a page.

I've tried that now, but it hasn't made any difference - I still get the OX branding.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please? It seems surprising that nobody else has reported this problem.

Bolehill
Dialled in

Just checked and I still have the Virgin branded headers in VM webmail

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LoneTrader wrote:

LoneTrader_1-1706563545715.png:

As you may be aware, OX app suite is the underlying system that Virgin Media uses to deliver their email service.

When you access VM webmail you are actually going via the OX app suite but you are normally redirected to the Virgin Media branded screens.

In the past,  seeing  an OX screen instead of the VM ones was often put down to a corrupt VM cookie stored in your browser and deleting any cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail from your browser often resolved the problem.

Alternatively you could try signing into webmail from a Chrome Incognito tab / window when you use VM email, (When in Incognito mode Chrome does not use any stored cookies but downloads fresh copies of any that you need.)

If the problem does not arise in an Incognito tab that's a good pointer that the problem is due to a corrupt cookie in Chrome.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for these helpful suggestions, I'll give them a try.