cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m cancelling with virgin media

Nigel1971
Superfast

I’m sorry but after hard thinking of what to do while now on my last month of the contract, I’ve rung retentions and put in my 30 days.

im currently on the M500 paying £47.40 a month for the phone and internet. The new deal on the same package for another 18 months is £47 (40p saving) what an utter joke 🙄 retentions said I’d pay £49 if I signed up to carry on (again a joke)

I got offers to drop down to either M350, M200 but still over £40 on each of them, this is a rip off compared to what a new customer would get only costing £30+. Where is the loyalty of existing customers of a few or many years not giving you a cheaper deal what package you are on to keep you?

It’s ridiculous, I’ve seen a 1gb package for just £30 for 6 months then £50 for the other 12 months. Existing customers really don’t get the deals and pay more to get less.

I really wish CityFibre was up and running but they haven’t done the 2nd stage here so only virgin has the fastest speeds currently. Not sure when it will be here but possible late 2024.

Unless virgin offer me a much cheaper price on the M500, I’m carrying out the termination and find someone else temporarily.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 500mb Home Connection
4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If VM is not offering you a price/package that is acceptable to you, then you have done the correct thing and put in your notice to leave.

It is possible, though in no way guaranteed at all, that you might get a call from VM 'retentions' during your 30 day notice period. It is recommended to have marketing options allowed in 'My Virgin Media' to permit such a call to take place.

In the meantime, do some research into your alternatives and have in mind your bottom-line price that will stop you leaving VM. Any VM offers you get tend to be 'of the moment' and are unlikely to be repeated if you want to think about it and call back so have all the relevant info to hand so you know whether to accept any future VM offer that might come through.

IanMSpencer
On our wavelength

VMs price for the 250mbs service is £21/month according to the text they sent us as we are cancelling. 

unisoft
Well-informed

@Nigel1971 wrote:

I’m sorry but after hard thinking of what to do while now on my last month of the contract, I’ve rung retentions and put in my 30 days.

im currently on the M500 paying £47.40 a month for the phone and internet. The new deal on the same package for another 18 months is £47 (40p saving) what an utter joke 🙄 retentions said I’d pay £49 if I signed up to carry on (again a joke)

I got offers to drop down to either M350, M200 but still over £40 on each of them, this is a rip off compared to what a new customer would get only costing £30+. Where is the loyalty of existing customers of a few or many years not giving you a cheaper deal what package you are on to keep you?

It’s ridiculous, I’ve seen a 1gb package for just £30 for 6 months then £50 for the other 12 months. Existing customers really don’t get the deals and pay more to get less.

I really wish CityFibre was up and running but they haven’t done the 2nd stage here so only virgin has the fastest speeds currently. Not sure when it will be here but possible late 2024.

Unless virgin offer me a much cheaper price on the M500, I’m carrying out the termination and find someone else temporarily.

Go Monthly FTTC with NOW TV if you can for a bit until CityFibre do the work. No contract. Cancel at any time. If 4G or 5G is good in your area and you have a router that can support a USB dongle or a 4G/5G router then that's also a possibility.

90 days after VM termination, you are classed as a new customer. This means if you want to come back, you can pick the week/month where the best deals are offered to new customers, get cashback of like £80-£200 from likes of topcashback.co.uk and quidco.com, and if VM are offering bill credits or free TVs for new customers, that as well. So max of 90 days on FTTC if CityFibre not doing anything and you can rejoin....

@IanMSpencer wrote:

VMs price for the 250mbs service is £21/month according to the text they sent us as we are cancelling. 

And if I was offered that yesterday instead of the £39.99 for M150 I would have taken it as a backup to my City Fibre Connection. Due to working from home internet is important to me, I would have swallowed £21pm. But they didn't so I cancelled and purchased a 4g/5g dongle I'll use as a backup.