cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Service - I'm gone

Imposter
Joining in

22/04/24 Service went off, Called Virgin I spoke to a really nice helpful Lady for 32 minutes, went thru all the usual motions of pin hole reset etc etc. Hub was broke, she ordered me a new one said it would be 5 days, very unhappy about that, I work from home for the UK government, I managed to get very little work done all week.

24/04/24 I called Virgin for a delivery update (for approx 13 minutes) and spoke to some guy, he made me go thru all the checks AGAIN, even though I just wanted a delivery update, he said it has been delayed and will be here Saturday 27th because there had been scheduled maintenance on the 24th (the day I was calling and I knew there was scheduled maintenance that day as I had texts from Virgin a week earlier)
I said what rubbish, how can a broken hub on Monday be affected by scheduled maintenance 2 days later, he was quite rude about it and so was I, the language barrier has made this very difficult.

26/04/24 I called again on 29th and spoke to Prasad for 58 minutes, Again we had to go thru all the checks for a broken hub, that was already broken, you obviously don't use your call login system efficiently, He told me NO HUB HAD BEEN ORDERED I was understandably angry. After 58 minutes of resets it worked, but this was due to a glitch in the Hub 3 suddenly working, he said he would call me back in approx 1 hour.
IT STOPPED WORKING and the RED light came on again on the front as soon as he hung up.
Prasad did call me back, we spoke for ANOTHER hour, Guess what, we had to go thru all the Hub checks again, the hub is BROKEN.
He couldn't get it fixed as we new, and said he would have to send me a new hub and it would be a week, I flipped my lid at this point and said I am leaving, so he put me thru to Sohail in retentions, I spoke to him for 45 minutes, he looked at various ways to get me a hub and the best was to upgrade me at my cost, needless to say I said I wasn't having that, I told him i am moving to EE and
they can sort the contract out. Talking to both these employee the language barrier has made this very difficult.

26/04/24 Contact EE and organise the move over to them.

27/04/24 ON SATURDAY the 27 guess what happened - A HUB TURNED UP. So the original order came thru, yet your Team said it had been cancelled. I mean really what kind of joke is this, so after a serious serious amount of stress from Virgin Media (I am already stressed as I have to care for my wife is very ill), Stress from my managers at work and a wasted time of 3 hours and 26 minutes on the phone.
As soon as i plug in the new hub my internet is working, as we all new it would.

10/05/24 EE complete the installation and all is working

11/05/24 Called Virgin to complain and cancel, I spoke to a very nice guy called Kevin, told him all of the above, he says apart from the call on the 22/04/24 very little notes have been made he said this is not good, and that the customer service has been very poor, he talks about leaving Virgin and in contract costs and says we need to follow a procedure to try and avoid those for me if possible because of the poor service. Kevin says he will have to put me thru to the technical team and they will need to do their bit, but it will not involve any line checks ec as we know it is now working (New Hub).
Kevin puts me through to Technical, again with the language barrier, he has no idea what the issue is or what he is supposed to do, and wants to test my hub again, i ask him to put me back through to Kevin, I go back to another individual in retentions, She doesn't understand what is going on either (again language barrier), I try to explain and all she keeps saying is that the hub turned hub. I have asked her to put me through to Kevin, she cannot do that and has put in a call for Kevin to ring me (another 33 minutes on the phone).

You need to determine,
A) A service is broken.
i) Is it a device?
a) Fix it if it is software/Firmware
b) If it is hardware SEND OUT A NEW HUB NEXT DAY
c) Is it internal infrastructure SEND OUT AN ENGINEER NEXT DAY

B) Is it external infrastructure.
i) SEND OUT AN ENGINEER NEXT DAY

You also need to move your call support to people that can be understood by others and understand us, it is no good having a grasp of English if no one can get past the accent and also cultural terminology, it has made the calls so so difficult and makes everyone angry... IT DOESN'T WORK.

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

You can't rely on a residential connection, with no SLA, for work use.

It's up to you to have a backup.

Everything else is just standard VM.

overlander15
Tuning in

Unfortunately not an isolated case, how this company is still in business is beyond me. We were with them for 27 years and have witnessed the deterioration into this current shambles over the last 6 years. After a complete ordeal we are now thankfully free from them yesterday. They have to realise that other options are available, we went down the route of a 5G router and smarty sim works a treat. 

Disagree, you can, it is customer service you cant rely on,

It is all about customer service, people will put up with loads of rubbish if you treat them nice.

@Imposter wrote:

Disagree, you can, it is customer service you cant rely on,

Clearly not considering the amount of time you lost your service.

Even with good customer service you'd have been down for hours with no functioning HUB/Router.