cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Installation (Non Customer)

Daveyrams
Joining in

Hi Community. I am a non customer but I like so many of you have had a significant poor response to my complaints. I raised a complaint over 6 months ago which related to damage to my property which has been admitted by VM on an email.

The installation works for my neighbourhood has caused significant damage to my property. I wrote to virgin media over 6 months ago with pictures, CCTV, evidence, they initially responded through their resolutions team. They then referred me to their legal team VM02insuredclaims email inbox, they said another company Svella connect had carried out the works. I approached them and they didn’t, since then I have had 0 correspondence from VM legal time.

shocking, appalling customer service, does anyone know how I can escalate this? The ombudsman are not interested and my original complaint C21022473 is still with virgin media. 

I wanted to share this as I have seen so many stories with the same poor customer service. If anyone can help me to resolve this by someone listening please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you track back through the various 'property damage' past topics on here, you will find that VM's general pattern of behaviour is to keep the complainant engaged in communication back and forward with little/no repairing taking place. If/when repairs do take place, the complainant can often find the work is of poor quality or not of an acceptable standard.

If you have already made a complaint to VM, and have got nowhere, then you may possibly be able to process a 'small claim'/'money claim' in court (depending on the value of the damage done). AFAIK the ombudsman does not deal with property damage claims, based on past topics on here.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/deciding-whether-to-make-...

Are you able to process a claim through your own buildings insurance? Depending on the degree and cost of the damage involved, you could let the respective insurance companies battle it out.

You should speak to Citizens Advice for information on the correct way to proceed. Further attempts at communicating with VM may well just end in further delay and no useful outcome for yourself.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you track back through the various 'property damage' past topics on here, you will find that VM's general pattern of behaviour is to keep the complainant engaged in communication back and forward with little/no repairing taking place. If/when repairs do take place, the complainant can often find the work is of poor quality or not of an acceptable standard.

If you have already made a complaint to VM, and have got nowhere, then you may possibly be able to process a 'small claim'/'money claim' in court (depending on the value of the damage done). AFAIK the ombudsman does not deal with property damage claims, based on past topics on here.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/deciding-whether-to-make-...

Are you able to process a claim through your own buildings insurance? Depending on the degree and cost of the damage involved, you could let the respective insurance companies battle it out.

You should speak to Citizens Advice for information on the correct way to proceed. Further attempts at communicating with VM may well just end in further delay and no useful outcome for yourself.