cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

vickihmc
Joining in

How do I cancel my contract! Been on this call for 1 hour and they are trying every tactic. Now using the stalling technique.  INJUST WANT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@vickihmc wrote:

How do I cancel my contract! Been on this call for 1 hour and they are trying every tactic. Now using the stalling technique.  INJUST WANT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT 

Writing in by post is an option to give your 30 days notice to cancel if you simply wish to leave with no additional unnecessary communication with VM

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Use a first class signed-for delivery service

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@vickihmc wrote:

Writing in by post is an option to give your 30 days notice to cancel if you simply wish to leave with no additional unnecessary communication with VM

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Use a first class signed-for delivery service

TSmith75
Joining in

Same here, shocking customer service. Been on the Whatsapp and online messenger from 8am to 1800 then eventually got told to use their phoneline. After almost 2 hours they cut me off. Awful service.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TSmith75 👋

We're sorry to hear you're looking to leave us, and have had a poor experience when speaking with our team. You may find it easier to call our team on 📞 0345 454 1111 (Opt 4 - Opt 4), or, as goslow has previously advised, write to us with your request to disconnect.

You can find all methods to cancel your services, here. If there's anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Reece_MH wrote:

Hi TSmith75 👋

We're sorry to hear you're looking to leave us, and have had a poor experience when speaking with our team. You may find it easier to call our team on 📞 0345 454 1111 (Opt 4 - Opt 4), or, as goslow has previously advised, write to us with your request to disconnect.

You can find all methods to cancel your services, here. If there's anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

how about you sorting it for the customer and before you say staff here cannot do that you know you can but choose not to

Tony.
Sacked VIP

DebSut
Joining in

I have had the same issue for two days, been on WhatsApp and called. They won’t let me past security because they say my email address is wrong. Funny that it’s right when they send my bill every month. I have been overcharged and can’t cancel because no one will talk to me. I asked for the complaint procedure.. didn’t get it. I asked for the contact details for the data protection officer, as I suspect a data protection breach because they were ok to speak to me last month.. didn’t get that either. I have logged this with OfCom. This is quite possibly the worst customer experience I have ever had 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DebSut 

Forum Staff don't usually look in the chatter and natter sections of the forum. 

The agents you contacted  will have been asking for your account email address which is usually different to your contact email address.

Sign into /my-virgin-media  with your account email address so you can check your account details and have the correct information for contacting VM..

Click on Account Settings - this page shows your account and area number

From there click on Account Details > and check your that your contact email address is up to date and amend it if necessary (which going by your post will be correct)

Then scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit - that way you will have the correct telephone password.

They may also ask for your bank account number and sort code so make a note of those before contacting them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I assume that if you cancel in writing they reply and give you definite termination date.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In the best of VM traditions, there is no reliability, or consistency, in how VM processes the cancellation as reported in topics on here.

If you use a signed-for delivery service, when you write in by post to issue your 30 days notice to cancel your services, that carries a certain legal weight and it also gives you a dated/timed record of the delivery. That helps if VM does not process the cancellation correctly and you have to follow it up.

I cancelled VM last year by writing in. In my case, I initially saw an 'order' for 'broadband and phone' appeared in 'My Virgin Media' (which was the cancellation instruction) and this was later followed up by a letter in the post confirming my disconnection date.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee VM still does that now or would do it for any/all customers.

Yorkist
On our wavelength

"They may also ask for your bank account number and sort code", what sort of security is VM running.  All anti-fraud advice is to not give out your bank details to anybody and especially your pin number.  VM needs to understand NO system is safe from the crackers and recorded telephone calls (where that type of information will be contained) is also crackable.  Words fail me.