cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV channels pixelated

Samantha78
Tuning in

For the past few weeks I've noticed pixellation on certain TV channels (BBC 1, ITV channels, Really and others) which range from slight distortion to major pixellation with a pink or green screen. Most of the other channels are fine but when I switch between a pixelated one and a normal picture I get severe ghosting on the screen. All cables are properly connected and there are no issues with the TV itself. Recordings from these channels are unwatchable due to the pixelated images but I can watch catch up with no problems. 

I have checked the service status numerous times and it says no problems but when I checked yesterday it said there was an intermittent signal in my area. I checked this morning and it said the same but with no estimated fix time. 

Could you please let me know when this issue will be resolved as i am unable to watch the channels and my recordings due to the picture quality. I had a similar issue to this last October which turned out to be an area issue that took over a month to resolve. 

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @Samantha78

Thanks for providing the requested details.

I've gone ahead and booked an engineer visit for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
   The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
  The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
  The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth

Nothing has come through with the appointment details. Could you please send them to me again on private message

It's just come through. Thank you for arranging this for me

Hi @Samantha78 thanks for your confirmation, apologies for the delay.

You're welcome! 

Many thanks

Tom_W

The engineer came today. After spending over 50 minutes working at the box he found that the cable was damaged and wasn't giving the signal strength that I needed. He arranged for a team to come out to replace the cable and said they should complete the work by 6pm today as I currently have no service at all.

He did express concern about the state of the green box itself as it was damaged by vandalism, weather and small rodents getting inside.

The engineer who visited today was extremely helpful and went out of his way to try to rectify this issue.

I will contact you again if this next visit doesn't fix my services. 

Hi @Samantha78 thanks for your reply here, sorry this wasn't fixable straight away.

If you've received no further updates after 6pm, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again!
Many thanks

Tom_W

No one has rang me or visited my property to replace the cable. 

Why did the engineers booked for this afternoon to change the cable not show up?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are very sorry to hear the appointment did not go ahead as planned. 

We would be happy to look in to this further and provide more information. 

Please check your inbox for a message from us and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat