cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV channels pixelated

Samantha78
Tuning in

For the past few weeks I've noticed pixellation on certain TV channels (BBC 1, ITV channels, Really and others) which range from slight distortion to major pixellation with a pink or green screen. Most of the other channels are fine but when I switch between a pixelated one and a normal picture I get severe ghosting on the screen. All cables are properly connected and there are no issues with the TV itself. Recordings from these channels are unwatchable due to the pixelated images but I can watch catch up with no problems. 

I have checked the service status numerous times and it says no problems but when I checked yesterday it said there was an intermittent signal in my area. I checked this morning and it said the same but with no estimated fix time. 

Could you please let me know when this issue will be resolved as i am unable to watch the channels and my recordings due to the picture quality. I had a similar issue to this last October which turned out to be an area issue that took over a month to resolve. 

27 REPLIES 27

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, 

Whilst TV would not come under the automatic compensation like phone and broadband there wouldn't be direct compensation for when the faults resolved.

However is there a complaint raised on the account for this matter? If not I'd advise to log one via here so the journey is tracked and investigated.

If there are any issues then don't refrain from posting back to the thread regarding this matter.

Thanks,

Kain

Can I just ask why customers do not get awarded compensation when the TV service is down? I'm paying for it as part of my package each month so why, when I can't access it through a fault acknowledged by virgin media, am I not compensated for it? It seems completely unfair that I'm paying for a service that I can't access due to a fault. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe Ofcom only mandate automatic loss of service compensation for broadband & landline telephony, this is certainly reflected in VM's scheme.

You would have a case for loss/degradation-of-service credits against the TV element of your package once the fault is resolved, but that usually has to wait for full service to be resolved rather than being done during an outage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm taking photos each day of what I am getting when I turn on the TV. It is either a pink/green pixelated image that has now lost the sound or i get a black screen with the box that displays the W02 fault code.

From speaking to people it doesn't seem to be a localized issue in my area, it looks like another widespread problem. If it was reported on the service status page then it would make things easier for everyone as they wouldn't keep testing their equipment to see if they have a problem with their box.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused,

Currently as it is raised as an area fault we'd be unable to arrange any residential appointment currently.

However once that has been lifted, get back in touch if the issue is still present.

Regards,

Kain

It is now the date that you said that this TV issue should be rectified by. It isn't rectified at all. Since my last post I have only had access to three TV channels. Two of them, BBC news and BBC2 become unwatchable after 11.30am due to pixelated images and sound.

150 is still saying there is a "complex issue" but won't give a fix date whereas the service status is showing no issues. Can you please tell me what is going on and when will I receive the full service that I am paying for

Hey there Samanatha78, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see this issues is still there.

Unfortunately I can confirm this outage has been extended until the 5th July 15:00 I am sorry for any trouble this has caused. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It has still not been fixed. When will I be able to actually watch the TV service I pay for?

Samantha78
Tuning in

Over the past two weeks I have had pixelation on all of my tv channels. The pixelation makes the channels unwatchable. 

I was told on here that the issue would be fixed by 5th July at 15.00. It wasn't and I still can't watch TV.  Can someone please either tell me when this fault will be fixed or book an engineer to come out and investigate this. 

Hi Samantha78,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your TV picture quality recently.

It looks like the outage has now cleared, however there are still some issues with your signal levels which need putting right via a home engineer visit.

I've popped you over a private message now so I can take your details and arrange this with you.

Thanks!

Beth