cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 5 'Press Red' menu

VMViewer
Fibre optic

Recently the 'Press Red' catch up menu on some Channel 5 networks has stopped working.

Channel 5 (105) works fine.

5USA (120) broken.

5STAR (126) works fine.

5ACTION (130) broken.

5SELECT (138) works fine.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can replicate this on my V6 also - you should be able to access the content via the menu system as a workaround.

Forum staff should be along in a day or so, hopefully they can raise it internally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey VMViewer, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

Recently channel 5 are pushing for everyone to use MY5 which is there catch up service.

Please can you let me know if that works for you, this will be the way you catch up of any of channels 5 stations going forward. cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

VMViewer
Fibre optic

Thanks for the reply Matt, but that doesn't alter the fact that the 'Press Red' menu is working on some of their channels, and is broken on others.

It should either be working on all of them, or be removed from all of them.

It's obviously a fault, rather than being intentional so one way or another it needs fixing.

What they still start doing is removing the less popular ones and the eventually the whole lot.

I have checked this my on personal box and its the same for me.

I would use all 5 going going forward. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whether this is a fault or intentional I'm not sure.

But it may just be worth highlighting the differences between C5 programmes OnDemand (branded as "My5") and the C5-branded streaming app (called "My5")

The red-button menus just provide a shortcut to the VoD menus - NOT to the branded app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks