cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi or TV, error c133

Denary1
Joining in

Hi all,

I have a V6 box which has suddenly stopped working, with the error c133.

I have no wifi either, can’t watch live TV or stream anything, although I can watch things already recorded.

The VM status page says there are no issues in my area. I have followed all of the troubleshooting on the VM website, all cables are strongly connected into their respective ports and none of the equipment has been moved. I have rebooted both the wifi hub and V6 box many times but nothing has resolved.

When I test my connection, I get a ‘failed whilst negotiating’ message. When I try to access the tv guide, all I see is a progress bar stuck at 16%, saying ‘it can sometimes take a little while to load all the channels’.

Online chat was not helpful and I can’t face being on the phone for hours trying to speak to someone.

Any ideas? This is really frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That clarifies that you have a total loss of service then. If all your co-ax connections are finger tight, check the automated status line 0800 5610061 for any known local issues.

If nothing's listed, you should call VM faults to report your LOS. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Staff may take a day or so to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C133 is normally associated with a loss of connection to the TiVo-servers - whether caused by a TiVo-platform issue or, as seems likely with your loss of home broadband, an internet connectivity issue.

An iability to use streaming & OnDemand is entirely expected with a loss of internet, but how are you posting on this forum? And are you getting an error code on live TV channels?

Can you post a picture of the TV guide stuck on 16%?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

I’m posting in the forum using the data allowance on my phone.

I can’t see any error codes on live tv because I can’t even get that far - if I try to bring up the tv guide to select a channel, all I get is the progress bar I mentioned (pictured)

IMG_4436.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That clarifies that you have a total loss of service then. If all your co-ax connections are finger tight, check the automated status line 0800 5610061 for any known local issues.

If nothing's listed, you should call VM faults to report your LOS. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Staff may take a day or so to respond on here.

Thanks - I have called the automated service line after your post. Apparently there is an issue with broadband in my area. Apparently due to be fixed by the 1st January….Which would be less than helpful if true! 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Denary1 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're affected by a known area issue. It is odd that the estimated date is the 1st of January. If you're happy to, can you please provide us with your Postcode, so we can check your area and look into providing you with more accurate information?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ