cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security certificate error message

birdiegirl1234
Joining in

My mum has just got a v6 box and is unable to view any apps she gets a security certificate message.  Scrolling through all the boards I see a number of people had this issue about 3 weeks ago.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? 

135 REPLIES 135

I dont know? How can i tell? I have 3 boxes ? 

Had same issue all sorted now

Hey SL46, Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having this issues.

Apologies for the TV App issues and inconvenience caused. We're aware of the problem and the team are working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Do what I did: get rid of Virgin TV and switch to Sky Stream. It was the best job the Virgin Media retention team has done. Every show has the option of starting from the beginning, the apps are flawless, and I even had it working on a 4G connection.

mattyoung1967
Tuning in

Just started getting same error here too. Replying to keep in the loop of any fix.

Steveo1914
On our wavelength

Had a replacement v6 box installed today the box has a permanent orange light on the front and no access to the apps because of the known security message. Virgin tech helpline no use as usual 

Getting same message when trying to access apps catch up on demand etc. Had issues last night and this morning. TV wouldn't even start up. Works now but not as stated. Do you just need to wait for a fix? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This may be related to the current issue showing under https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status 

The apps are working on my 360 box, although the service status suggests "we hope to fix this by 4pm 2nd March" it may still be borked in some areas/regions, so it would be helpful if forum users gave an indication of where they live which would be helpful for forum staff eg  Leeds West Yorkshire, or Birmingham, Liverpool etc

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

eae
Tuning in

Same here, V6 box, in Cardiff. Website says there are engineers working to fix the problem. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for this. Is showing a fault in my area too.