cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security certificate error message

birdiegirl1234
Joining in

My mum has just got a v6 box and is unable to view any apps she gets a security certificate message.  Scrolling through all the boards I see a number of people had this issue about 3 weeks ago.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? 

135 REPLIES 135

Yes got the same thing, someone has done a software update somewhere!!

IMG20240214074040.jpg

I contacted VM through the chat app on the website.  They did some tweaking their end and my issue is now resolved.  Something to do with security certificate on the server.

Looks to be sorted now, at least for YouTube .  

Had same problem.  Seems to be sorted now.

Posted this after phoning them at 8am the person I spoke to said he did not know of any problems — ANYONE ELSE ON VIRGIN GETTING THIS ON THEIR TV SERVICES ALL THE APPS APPART FROM NETFLIX IS SHOWING THIS
from 8am till now 45 mins b4 I even got to a human (WOW ITS BEEN ESCALATED)on every call now it’s We sent a link ,we can’t be bothers enough , to have a conversation with you, about if your Information or virgin account is being hacked and you bank is getting drained yep I was  a bit worried because of so many scam calls to home phone from so called virgin  reps or bank 

Seems it all been sorted apps are now working on al myl boxes

SL46
On our wavelength

Seems to be working again now 👍

Mine has just resolved itself. Hope it stays that way

Mine just resolved itself a moment ago

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The issue was raised as a fault ref: F011194787 but has now been fixed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali