cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I lost loads of stations in the last few days

bazz96
On our wavelength

All sky stations have now been blanked out as have discovery  alibi etc I just signed a new contract on 10/03/2024 but was not informed about any Chanel loss feel very cheated if this is right

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bazz96, thank you for your posts.

In order to discuss this with you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What TV package have you agreed to? Check your contract if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bazz96
On our wavelength

I have mix it  tv same as I have had for the past 8 years we have had these  channels for at leat 3 years now they have disappeared 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Neither Alibi HD nor Discovery HD are in the Mixit package, as per https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

Have you recently made any changes to your package, as this may have caused you to migrate from the legacy Mix tier to the current Mixit - and would cause channel losses.

A TiVo or V6 can re-synch the EPG with your package by following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

bazz96
On our wavelength

I have mix it  tv same as I have had for the past 8 years we have had these  channels for at leat 3 years now they have disappeared 

bazz96
On our wavelength

Yes I took the upgrade to my account M250 mix it tv weekend chatter + Wi-Fi max for £72  but apart from the Wi-Fi max it is the same package as I’d been on for years this took effect on 10/03/2023

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you were previously on the legacy "Mix" and have been migrated to "Mixit" - the package names are very similar and easily confused, but very different. When you are on a legacy package and make an account change, each of your services are migrated to the current equivalent tier.

Check whether the channels you are missing, correlate with ones not included in Mixit - on the chart I linked to above. And then check your previous bills/contract as to whether you were on Mix or Mixit - the two are not the same.

My previous advice to re-synch your EPG with account, stands. If you genuinely had Discovery HD & Alibi-HD on Mixit, then you were the fortunate beneficiary of a mistake.

bazz96
On our wavelength

Have just checked my old invoice and I was on Mix Tv. I just assumed the Mix it package was the same slightly miffed as I would have stayed where I was at £86 increasing to £92 in April I now have programmes recorded that I can’t watch this should be made clear it’s very confusing 

bazz96
On our wavelength

Yes I was on mix I definitely had alibi discovery and sky witness I just assumed mix it was the same they should make this much clearer I don’t suppose there’s much I can do now stuck with it for the next 18 months

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a 14 day cooling off period when taking out a new contract - call up and cancel the regrade and ask if they can place you back on the old contract - however you will be charged the out of contract price. You should also be able to re-negotiate a new deal

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali