cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPs. we couldn’t connect to Virgin box1

mtennant
Dialled in

My husband  tried to access a recording from the main 360 box to watch on the mini box. It came up with OOPs. We couldn’t connect to Virgin TV 1. How do you solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mtennant 

Was the main TV360 box switched on? If not then the mini box wouldn't be able to connect to it.

If the main 360 was in standby then it needs to be in either Fast Start or Active Start mode.

Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mtennant 

Was the main TV360 box switched on? If not then the mini box wouldn't be able to connect to it.

If the main 360 was in standby then it needs to be in either Fast Start or Active Start mode.

Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

We have tried all the steps you outlined and it is still coming up with the same message. So cannot access recordings on mini box  as it cannot connect to 3620 box

How's the mini box connected to your hub, ethernet cable or wi-fi, if it's wi-fi can you watch on-demand, you can also check your network connection by pressing Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics.

You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

Mini box connected by Wi-Fi. Can connect to BBCIplayer. Diagnostic test is fine. As you have outlined. Yet still getting the OOPs. We can’t connect to Virgin box 1. 

I have spent ages trying to solve this problem. Getting to the end of my tether. If you can’t watch recordings on mini box, it has lost one of its most important functions.

Where else do I get help to sort this out??

Have you tried rebooting both boxes by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug.

Do the main box first and then the mini box.

Still not working and same message. It is just under 2 weeks old. Can. Moderator pick up on this or I shall be cancelling my contract?

Did a search and found similar problem  on 12/11/22 at 16.28pm, posted by Sushi 100. They needed a new Virgin 360 box. Can you check this? It sounds exactly like my problem

Hi @mtennant 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the Mini Box.

Please can you ensure the box is turned on for us to be able to run tests on? Let us know and we can do these.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m having the same issue. I recently changed contracts, and got sent a new hub as part of the upgrade. The same day the wifi went off in our area. When trying to get it back on, we were struggling, so I swapped to the new hub and everything worked, initially. 
But now we can’t watch recordings on the 360 mini box upstairs. Get an error message “oops we couldn’t connect to lounge” (which is what we renamed the main box downstairs). This has been going on for two weeks now. Tried a reset of all boxes and the hub, which worked initially, but defaulted to this broken state the next day. I’m not going to be rebooting all kit every couple of days, I pay for a complete service, not a patchwork workaround. 
How is this resolved?

Looking at other comments, let me answer the posed questions 

1. The box downstairs is on at the same time I’m looking to watch a recording upstairs.

2. The box upstairs is on wifi, diagnostic says it is a strong and fast connection. 

3. Other items on the wifi are working fine, Alexa in the same room has no issues. 

4. Other apps work on the upstairs box, netflix etc, so the wifi is good.