cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App opens a blank screen

Geddeir
Tuning in

I get a black screen trying to connect to Netflix. Yesterday, I manged to get beyond the black screen and had the error message TVQ-RNV-100 googling that said it could not connect to the network. Amazon Prime worked ok. I gave up yestertday because the Virgin Media App on the mobile would not run when I attempted to run it for a third time. Ran it today did what was asked, same issue. Asked to chat nothing happened. Tried phoning 150 received message can't get through. Assitance in resolving this would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having proven your V6's internet connection, and thus proven this to an app-specific issue, have you tried restarting your box?

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart > Restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Geddeir
Tuning in

Thank you. I did this and did not end up at a black screen. Eventually received the error message TVQ-RNV-100. I am accessing via the chanel number. Is there an app that can be installed?

Geddeir
Tuning in

I found the app. The same error message.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Netflix is, by nature, an app - it's the same back-end whether you access it via the red-button shortcut or from the apps menu.

Are you saying that restarting your V6 resolves the problem temporarily but it later recurs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Geddeir 

Are you still having issues with this?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No. It did not fix the problem. I went away a few days later for a week and when I came back it was working again.

It resolved itself thanks.