cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

@NeilG10 wrote:

I did consider the 14 day cooling off period but the main reason for moving from sky was our neighbours huge Ash tree which has started to interfere with our satellite reception. Looks like I’m with Virgin for the next 18 months but if we ever manage to get the tree taken down I’ll be giving my next subscription some serious thought. 

Is there no where to move the dish?

Sadly no, we already moved the dish to the far corner of the house.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have at least a 7 day cool off period. 

leicesterfan
On our wavelength

Who marked this thread as solved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about mounting it on a long pole? Sounds silly I know, I’m just trying to think outside the norm. 

@Anonymous wrote:

What about mounting it on a long pole? Sounds silly I know, I’m just trying to think outside the norm. 

Or SKY glass maybe?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly not me. Can someone mark it as “UNSOLVED” ?

CJTCam
On our wavelength

I suspect that it is the Virgin Forum moderators that have mark this as resolved. Of course their complaints dept claim the problem never existed in the first place. I believe changing the Audio Sync status to 'resolved' is another way to hide the ongoing problem and keep it out of the public domain.

NeilG10
On our wavelength

A quick update, the strangest thing, after suffering terrible lip sync issues since our new Virgin 360 system and Volt 2 package was installed, it has somehow managed to correct itself. The sync is now fine even with the GB News channel, which was easily the worst example initially. I have no idea how this has happened, whether it was a software update on the 360, tv or just a some automatic correction, whatever I’m very relieved as I was starting to seriously regret the decision to move away from sky. 

Tv and audio system is quite new with a Sony Bravia tv and Bose 900 soundbar

v360 - hdmi1

Bose 900 soundbar - hdmi arc

Unfortunately no change for me.