cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box

zeb146
Tuning in

have just changed my tivo box to a new 360 - have got all the connections in the right place and have switched power on - nothing! there is no power to the box! the remote has power - what do I do now?

19 REPLIES 19

hi kath

thank you for your message - I am aware that there was a fault in the area but it has nothing to do with my new box working and have mentioned this previously. All cables are in correctly and I have tried various plug sockets and still no power. I would like to know what will happen now - when/will I get a replacement box/cable?

look forward to hearing from you

elaine

Thank you for confirming @zeb146 I have checked and can see that the outage is no longer present but this may have caused an issue providing power to the box. 

Can I just ask if the old Tivo is still working or have you returned this already?

Thank you

Hi after not getting power or anything on new box I tried to reconnect the TiVo box - it has power and came ion but was giving me an error code - I couldn’t get any further than that ! 

Hi zeb146, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

Can you confirm what the error code is? Do you get a green screen or does it mention the DVR? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

I’m getting really fed up of this - service to customer is shocking! Can’t get through or help on phone and still have no TV - I don’t want to go back to my TiVo box (7400 is error code) I want my new 360 to work which means I probably need a replacement as the one I have has no power - it does not go ‘on’! Please can someone give me a sensible answer and help to this problem? At this rate I’ll be looking for a refund - Much appreciated Elaine 

Hi zeb146, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies for the previous comment. I think Chris may have mis-read things. 

In terms of booking the engineer visit, even though it was unlikely causing the issue you were seeing - we couldn't book an engineer whilst there was that fault as it would have just been cancelled. We asked about the TiVo as you may have been able to use that in the meantime but as it is producing an error, it means it's already been removed for your account and therefore not able to use. 

The good news is that checking today, there is no longer an open fault affecting you so we can look at getting an engineer to come and check things out. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @zeb146,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi zeb146, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and letting me know how the engineer visit went. I'm glad to hear the TV service is fully up and running now for you. 

In terms of the Hub, if you've been given a new one then the WiFi details would have changed. You'll need to re-join the WiFi by searching on your devices and using the SSID and Passphrase that's written on the label on your hub. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here 👉 WiFi Help
The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 
If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here
Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here
Please keep us posted on how you get on. 🙂

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for your response Kath - to clarify the Wi-Fi / router works but I get a worse reception/service than I did with my old router - positioning etc has not changed - is there any way to make that better? Thanks elaine

Hi Elaine 👋 thank you for getting back to us. 

Sorry to hear you are getting a worse Wi-Fi signal with your new router. Having had a quick check on our systems there are no issues in the area that would be affecting you, and the speeds reaching your hub are great averaging 270mpbs Download, and 26mpbs upload in the past week. 

Have you tried running a scan via our connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp to check for any coverage issues within the home and to offer support getting the best possible signal throughout? 

You may also want to check your advanced hub settings to ensure Wi-Fi optimisation is enabled. You can see more about how to do this here 👉 How to set up Virgin Media broadband | Virgin Media Help

If you are still having issues please just give us a little more info about exactly what is happening at your end so we can then investigate further and offer support. (For example, if you are having issues in one particular area of the home, or with specific devices.)

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞 All the best. 

Molly