cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box

zeb146
Tuning in

have just changed my tivo box to a new 360 - have got all the connections in the right place and have switched power on - nothing! there is no power to the box! the remote has power - what do I do now?

19 REPLIES 19

roy247
Community elder

You can check the fuse in the plug, make sure the box is switched on on the rear of the box if you have no light on the front of the box try pressing the power button on the front of the box.

You could also try turning off the 360 with the switch on the back of the box, then on the front of the 360 box hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot.

If you still have no light's on the box then you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, select the ' I have a fault option ' then ignore all the other options offered, don't press anything, and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thank you - have tried switching on/off various buttons but will try the ‘hold/reboot’ ones you mentioned

roy247
Community elder

I think you will need to call virgin, around 8am is usually the quickest when they open.

I don't understand - changed to new 360 tv box - no power/no lights - get through on the phone and he says it is an area problem! how can my hardware with no power be an area problem - my tv works on the same plug and my new router has power - doesn't add up to me!

roy247
Community elder

The box should power up even if there is no coax cable or network connection the difference being in the error message you receive. The problem seems to be if an area problem is shown it overrides some people's ability to think that an engineer may still be required. Was it an off-shore person you spoke to by any chance.

Hi zeb146

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the box.

How have things been since posting? Has the advise from the community here resolved this?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi thanks, no nothing has changed - still no power to box (faulty box/cable?) have tried different sockets and pressing button as suggested by someone else but no red light or power - TV states that the box is not ‘on’…

I’ve tried phoning but didn’t get very far so don’t no what to do now?!

Hi @zeb146,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your TV box issues. I can see that my colleague has already responded to the other thread that you've made about this, so we'll continue to assist you from there with this going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi zeb146,

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We've run some checks on the line and I can see there is indeed an area fault affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010609083
  • Estimated fix time: 25 APR 2023 18:00
  • Description: You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and out engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

There is a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

Whilst this fault wouldn't cause an issue with no power, please try check the following to be on the safe side:

• The power supply is connected to the power socket (if possible, connect it directly to a socket on the wall) and the socket is switched on.
  • The power supply cable is securely connected to the back of the Set top box.
  • The power supply cable is securely connected to the power supply brick.
  • The switch on the back of the Set top box is in the "ON" position.

Whilst the fault is ongoing, we wouldn't be able to book an engineer so please pop back to us as soon as possible if the above doesn't work so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs