cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 - error M63

mumswell
Joining in

Just set up new small 360 box to replace old TIVO box. Remote won’t let me record or pause. Tried rebooting and get error message M63. Called Virginnwho said they would send out a new remote. I’m not convinced that this is the problem. In Settings, it still seems to think that I have a TiVo box. Can anyone help please. 

13 REPLIES 13

mumswell
Joining in

Also can’t get catch up or on Demand or Apps! 

Hi mums well,

How many boxes do you have, if you had a V6 box and an old tivo box the mini box would have been sent to replace the TiVo box and you should have received 2 remote's if changing to 360, the V6 would receive a software update. You would need to update the V6 box first. The M63 error means your account isn't set up correctly and applies to V6 and TiVo boxes.

mumswell
Joining in

Not sure what a V6 is? I had one Samsung TiVo box which I have removed and replaced with a small 360 box. I received 1 remote with the 360 box. 

You can see which box is which here and 360 main and mini boxes pictured below, if you are just switching from a tivo box to 360 you should have received a 360 main box because the mini box has no hard drive. Did you ask to go to 360 or did you have a fault and they have sent the wrong box. The M63 error code indicates you account is set to V6 or tivo.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

I phoned Virgin with the intention of leaving and amongst other things they upgraded me to a Virgin TV 360 box. It arrived and we set it up today following the instructions provided. It looks like the one on the left. Settings show that it still thinks I have a TIVO box. 

You will need to call Virgin and get your account activated on 360, or you can wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days.

Were you given a notification date of when your account was changing as you "might" have connected too soon.

mumswell
Joining in

Thank you. No connection date was given and not mentioned when I called them this afternoon. They just said they’d send me a new remote! I will call again tomorrow after work. 

mumswell
Joining in

I did get a text to say ‘we’ve activated your new Virgin media kit’ this afternoon but obviously there is an issue. 

You are probably best speaking to retensions when phoning that's the "I am thinking of leaving" option, they are usually UK based and know what to do.