cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

Doug8034
Joining in

Hi, can someone tell me a list of phones that work with VM WiFi calling as the signal inside my house is terrible - was hoping my Moto phione would work but no option in settings. I did see a list somewhere that showed the list but cant find it again. Any help appreciated.

28 REPLIES 28

Hey stublee, WhatsApp's is a free application that used the internet this could be your WIFI or mobile date.

This will still be free, if you are keeping the same number it will just carry on if you are getting a new number you would need to set this up again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Just  to be clear ... now with VM it is free to use  i.e.  not part of data allowance . I am porting my number to O2 - will any Whats App data used come out of my plan allowance ?

Hey stublee, You can message and tweet data-free on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Twitter. However if you are using  Messenger or WhatsApp for voice / video calling it not free and will come out of your data for Virgin Mobile. For O2 I wouldn't be able to advise unfortunately. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Looks like I will have to contact O2 directly then ... does seem that although we have to switch to O2 now for mobile sim as part of a new bundle with VM nobody at Virgin can tell us what that will entail  ? Shouldn't we know what we are letting ourselves into and what changes will be made ? We are being part of the Volt set up now with the advantages of that but what about the disadvantages ...  I was told by the VM agent  when renewing my contract that I would carry on getting unused data roll over the same as I am getting now with VM but wondering if now that is the case ? Are you able to confirm that ?

Hey stublee, anything like this you would need to contact O2 on as they as different rules than us when it comes to this.

I am sure the information would be on there website and with the volt you do get the best of both words like access to O2 Priority. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, I'm new to Virgin and am hoping one of the experts can help me with two big issues I'm having ever since I ported over from Vodafone. Firstly no matter how I try I cannot get Wifi Calling to work which I need at home as the signal is poor indoors. I have also tried my work wifi but no luck either. My phone is iphone 12 mini. Wifi calling worked fine on Voda and I notice it is on the supported devices list at Virgin too. I spoke to someone on 789 but all they did was tell me where to find the setting on my iphone 🙂

Secondly, about 10-20 times a day I receive a Voicemail notification saying I have a voicemail. I do not. VM is set up but all my messages are cleared. Seems to happen at random. I have tried a power off/on.

I'm not sure if this is related but I also had an issue where my phone constantly thought I was in Belgium and added the +32 dialing code to my contacts. I think I've resolved this as it's covered on other forums and is a known issue with Virgin SIMs but I wonder if it's somehow related.

Many thanks.

Hi @leedsbantam 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with WiFi calling as well as voicemail notifications. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have sent you a private message to look into these issues. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Great! Please keep us updated here and we will do our best to help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I have a Pixel 6 and was told in June 2023, it is not supported on VM. It does however work with Virgin Media Wifi with no issues. Just waiting until I am ported to O2 as they say the Pixel 6 is supported on their network.