cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID Not Working for International Numbers

Obaidiio
Joining in

Dear Virgin Forum Team,

I switched to Virgin Media towards the end of last year and previously we were with Sky.

Since moving over, we have had ongoing issues with our landline that the engineers or customer service have been unable to resolve. 

Since my father is blind, he relies on 1471 to tell him whose calls he has missed throughout the day. He has a lot of family calling from America, Australia and Bangladesh. However since switching over to Virgin, whenever his family members call from abroad, it is never picked up by the phone and shows up as 'No Caller ID' which is very frustrating for him. When I leave a missed a call from my own mobile phone (UK number), my phone number was registered by 1471 and seems to be working then.

We never had this problem when we were with Sky. We had an engineer visit the property once before who said there was nothing wrong with the landline and my ongoing discussions with customer service led to nowhere unfortunately. I decide to just leave it but my father has been getting more upset at losing this feature he once had so here I am trying to sort it again. We are likely to switch back to Sky at the end of our contract should this continue. 

I have seen a number of posts on these forums who seem to have been successfully helped by the forum team and I am hoping for the same. 

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done about this.

Many thanks

Obi

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Obaidiio,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear your father is getting upset with the 1471 feature not working as expected. To clarify, does it only seem to be non-UK numbers where the caller ID isn't provided?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for getting back to Me Zach! I really appreciate it.

Yes it looks like UK based numbers do show up and are recorded by 1471 but the problem is with international calls that we receive.

Kind Regards

Obi

Which are the international dialling codes you are struggling with?

Is it a certain country or all of them? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Apologies for the late reply Matt! 

The countries that we face these issues with are America, Australia and Bangladesh. We dont receive calls from any other international numbers but it seems any international call comes up as No Caller ID and 1471 doesn’t register it.

Again, my relatives abroad have not changed the way they call us since we moved over from Sky so it is very much a problem that has developed as a result of switching over.

Any ideas as to how we can get this resolved?

Many thanks

Obi

Hi @Obaidiio.

Thanks for the update on this, we would need to bring you in for a private message to get this looked into. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina