cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM toolkit

Mysterbee
Joining in

I usually have to manually turn on international roaming using the SIM toolkit app. This time however the app has disappeared and so I cannot connect to any service. How do I get it back?

32 REPLIES 32

I have been able to pick a provider but phone will not connect.

What happens when you select the option? Do you get any error messages?

^Martin

If I manually select a provider it says "Selected network (Sure) unavailable."

Does it show more than one provider available? Are you able to try the other networks if possible?

These may change by location depending on what local networks are available where you are.

Rob

I've tried them all, none connect, then the phone will automatically connect occasionally ( even if I haven't moved) bit does not stay connected.

So you can get connected automatically but it is only briefly? This may be an issue with the local networks. Is there anyone with you who is able to constantly connect to a network?

Rob

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So this has been a problem with the local networks? Funny it happened when Virgin got Belgian SIM cards with a Belgian roaming partner. Funny it could be cured by switching said SIM cards roaming to International via the SIM Toolkit which is no longer available.

But if you keep asking questions one by one there is a good chance the customer will get back Home before you run out.   End of problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SIM Toolkit is no longer available due to the switch to O2 network enlli so isn't an option at this time.

Rob

When will switch to O² actually happen? Why get rid of SIM tool kit before it all worked?

The migration to the O2 network was completed a while ago, the SIM toolkit was for issues with EE/Vodafone network that we used previously so was removed following the migration.

Rob