cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM toolkit

Mysterbee
Joining in

I usually have to manually turn on international roaming using the SIM toolkit app. This time however the app has disappeared and so I cannot connect to any service. How do I get it back?

32 REPLIES 32

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without the SIM Toolkit that is going to be difficult. C Isles and IOM have always thrown up an anomaly with their Proxy Roaming

At least when you go to O2 propper Guernsey is included in EU Roaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, premium calls allowed and no spending cap set.

Hey Mysterbee, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the SIM toolkit.

Have you got your phone and app fully updated? 

Also did the settings you just changed made any difference at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Phone updated and no app available to update! No difference with any changes I've made so far.

Hi Mysterbee, thanks for coming back and keeping us updated! 

Can I just check - are you in UK or abroad at the moment? And are you currently having issues with roaming?

We are aware SIM toolkit has been removed due to ongoing improvements with our mobile service. We will return to update this thread if the Sim toolkit is going to return. 

Please rest assured we have also raised this internally and are looking into it! 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

I'm away  (in Guernsey) at the moment. This morning my phone has started working. My wife and child arrived yesterday - 1 of their phones has connected but not the other! On the phone not working the SIM Toolkit is available but if pressed it says that a SIM card needs to be put in the phone eventhough one is present!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mysterbee,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that this has been your experience so far! I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you via Private Message and see what I can do to help.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just arrived back in Guernsey this afternoon and have no service again. All settings show roaming is allowed, no spending cap, all updates completed.  Please can someone look at this again for me. In addition, when will the transfer to O² be done as this will sort the problem.

Thanks

Mysterbee
Joining in

Back in Guernsey and no service again. Made sure roaming is on, no cap, checked all up to date, restarted phone. Still nothing. When will this be sorted? And what can I do in the meantime?

Thank you for keeping us updated Mysterbee. Have you been able to do a manual network search on the handset?

^Martin