cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box pixelated picture

MichaelS1923
Tuning in

So we've had this tivo box for quite a number of years now and over the last few months the picture has becoming pixelated every now and then. It also sometimes freezes and crashes as well. And one more thing it takes an age to start up when its been switched off at the plug. I'm not sure if we need a new tv box or the wires outside need rewiring as it has some nicks in the wire and part of the wall it was attached to is broken so some of the wire is just hanging out. I'd imagine we need both doing but any help would be really needed. 

Many thanks

Michael

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are usually a signal issue, but if your TV box is freezing & crashing then it's not very well. Faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course - they run the same TiVo-software but on a much newer & quicker box, providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the information. I've been thinking I need to get my TiVo box replaced. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MichaelS1923.

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues with your TiVo box.

We can check a few things from here and can see you have a Service Technician booked to come out.

Can you please keep us posted on how the visit goes.

Gareth_L