cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I update a 10+ year old Tivo box for a 360 box?

Nesty1760
Joining in

Hi All

I have posted on this forum before but been a while, so had to -re register.

In my household, we have 2 Virginmedia boxes, a V6 box in the main lounge and 1 other older Tivo in a bedroom.

The Tivo box hardly receives any red button sports now (especially on the football), just does not tip into those services. We had the Tivo box +10 years now (the Tivo used to be in the lounge), can I apply to Virgin to replace the Tivo to a V6 box.

If so, how any cost and how can I apply?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo/V6 & TV360 run totally different software and cannot co-exist on the same account. I think you have a mixture of TiVo & V6 boxes - check on the following page. https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box - a V6 & TV360 are the same hardware but where a V6 shows the TiVo logo in the top-right corner of the UI, a 360 doesn't have anything to do with TiVo.

In answer to your question, faulty TiVo's are replaced with V6 as a matter of course. Does your TiVo have any faults?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nesty1760
Joining in

Agreed the 1 in the lounge is a V6 (I've amended the original post). 

The Tivo isn't obtaining all the services we are paying for, so I class it as a fault. 

Hi Nesty1760,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your Tv box.

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin