cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports mix not working

FrankGore
Tuning in

I watch NFL redzone on Sky Sports Mix, quite often on my iPad via the sky sports app with virgin login, have done for years. Today when I tried to watch it says my subscription does not give me access to it. I can watch sky sports mix on the TV box but not on a mobile device. I’ve tried logging in / out restarting app and tried my phone as well but have same issue. Any ideas as to what the issue is?

28 REPLIES 28

Hi @FrankGore,

Would you mind providing a screenshot of the error message that you're getting when you attempt to access and watch that content via the app?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just go back through the forum thread and look 🤷‍♂️. How many of these responses are the forum team trying to find ways to post something so it’s off their stack with no intention of actually fixing the issue. No ownership of resolving anything. Wonder how many pages this post will end up with 🤔.

Hi FrankGore,

I am sorry that we asked for a screenshot as this isn't required and I can see has been provided by you previously.

I appreciate you are unhappy with our position and responses given regarding the issue, however the information provided is correct and we are unable to offer an alternative resolution.

We are very sorry for any upset or disappointment caused, however as this is a decision made by the broadcaster we are unable to change this. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've also started having this same problem after I extended my long running VM contract. Since then, I have been unable to watch either Sky Sports News or Sky Sports Mix on my tablet, something I have  been able to for many years without a problem. Both channels appear with a padlock on them when I try to access them. A few days ago, I visited my brother in law, who is a fellow VM subscriber, I explained my problem to him and he at access both channels via the app there and then. Which makes me think this is a VM problem and not SKY. It seems more of a co-incidence that this problem started, when I recently extended my VM contract. Seems like more of a channel synching problem.......

Regards 

Gerry 

Interesting, my contract was just extended as the issue happened. Wouldn’t it be a massive surprise if we were just being fobbed off by people who will say anything to shut us up (note the sarcasm!!)

Just spoke to their Exec team about an issue with my contract that no-one could help with and raised this.

I’m told that the old TV deal included the Mix and SSN on mobile but Sky TV have decided not to offer this for Virgin customers anymore and therefore as new deals are taken the access to channels is phased out. I have asked that this is something people are made aware of when they switch the deals.

Hopefully that is the correct answer….😀

Yip...... 

As you say, it would have been nice to know this during the contract discussion.

Poor stuff again from VMCS.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Mix & Sky Sports News are now available directly through the Virgin TV Go app. It is no longer necessary to use the Sky Sports app to access these channels.

This allows customers that are not Sky Sports subscribers to still have access to these “Sky Basics” channels.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wow legend, thank you