cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Connection issues

spirit2674
Dialled in

Hi there folks.

I wonder if I can liase with a member of the forum team to arrange the following:

(1) An engineer/technician's visit to appraise my broadband connection, at my property.  A Saturday or an evening is best.  (I work 9 to 5:30 Mon to Fri, and so, a visit during those times is not really feasible.)

(2) An installation of a Hub 5 (and not the Hub 5x), by an engineer/technician, at my property.

Over the past 1.5 months (approximately), my broadband connection has become very unreliable.

Before this, I had no critical problems with it.

I work from home, and lose connection many times throughout the day.  Video calls are often dropped.  Mere web pages can take 5+ minutes to load.

Needless to say, from professional/home-working perspective, this is very problematic.

Here is an image of my BroadBand Quality Monitor (BQM) graph (facilitated by ThinkBroadband.com), for the last 24 hours (29 Nov, circa 0500 to 30 Nov, circa 0500).

As you can see here, performance of the connection is quite alarming.  I am getting a lot of packet loss, and a lot of latency.

bqm_2023-11-30.png

I use a fully wired connection/setup at home.  I do not use wireless at all.

I am still using a slightly archaic Hub 2.

I am happy to pay any appropriate fee to get the Hub 5.

Many thanks for any consideration of my requests, and I look forwards to hearing back from someone soon.

30 REPLIES 30

Glad to hear everything is okay now spirit2674, if you need anything going forward please do let us know 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?