cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Upload on Gig1 - Area 04

muffintastic
Superfast

Hello,

Let me start off by saying this seems to be a reoccurring theme that's happening with this connection into my dad's flat, or every time an engineer visits somebody else's property the upload seems to be rubbish or there is signal problem.

My dad is on the Hub 5 using the 2.5 GiB port in modem mode connected to an Asus RT-AX86U on the latest firmware build, this has been fine for months no equipment has been touched at all it's just worked, however the upload is absolutely atrocious average upload speed is 2MB / 3MB on 100 upload profile? Before you ask yes, I've changed the ethernet cable too no effect, I've cleaned both ports still an issue.

Here are the current specs of the cable modem as of 08.12.2023.

muffintastic_0-1702054347210.png

muffintastic_1-1702054383966.png

muffintastic_2-1702054404085.png

muffintastic_3-1702054437344.png

muffintastic_4-1702054464276.png

muffintastic_5-1702054488038.png

muffintastic_6-1702054527813.png

muffintastic_7-1702054551208.png

Does anything look in regards to upload? Even when I reboot he cannot achieve full upload speed, it's been a nagging issue since day one it was installed into the property, one engineer said the power levels were out of spec that's why the upload was terrible, this is quite ridiculous. He is considering moving to Hyperoptic since they've now installed their equipment into the high rise flats and the possibility of him moving to them for better service.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Upstream channels should be at 64 QAM, so that’s a fault right away.  Check all the connections are tight, but that’s about all you can do.  A VM tech will need to fix it really. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi muffintastic

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues your Dad is having with the service.

We would require him to put the hub in router mode please and disconnect any 3rd party equipment for at-least 24 hours so we can obtain accurate data on our side.

We can then take it from there.

Is this something he is willing to do?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Vikki_M wrote:

Hi muffintastic

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues your Dad is having with the service.

We would require him to put the hub in router mode please and disconnect any 3rd party equipment for at-least 24 hours so we can obtain accurate data on our side.

We can then take it from there.

Is this something he is willing to do?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Yes, but unfortunately won't be done until Thursday but it will be done.

@Adduxi wrote:

The Upstream channels should be at 64 QAM, so that’s a fault right away.  Check all the connections are tight, but that’s about all you can do.  A VM tech will need to fix it really. 

QAM reset itself, it's now back to 64. However it's still terrible upload, so I'm out of ideas. What I'll do I'll post todays screenshots.

muffintastic
Superfast

muffintastic_0-1702292846690.png

I've only just noticed but in the item section there is no Upload status, it used to say "Ranged" it isn't there anymore.

muffintastic_1-1702292910484.png

It's reset back to QAM 32

muffintastic_2-1702292936724.png

muffintastic_3-1702292984992.png

muffintastic_4-1702293005022.png

I've also noticed since having the Hub 5 he keeps getting "DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for"

That is the log for 11.12.2023

I am sorry to hear this hasn't improved at all, I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this and get this fixed.

Please look out for my PM 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?